• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NEW RPG, come check it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,

First of all, I'd like to introduce myself as Ninjarr, a mapmaker, triggerer, helper, and relatively concerned played of Warcraft 3: TFT. I've noticed several decent RPGs coming out lately, yet nothing fantastic, and over the past two years (actually around 2 years ago for 2 months) I started a RPG of my own.

It has no models, or skins (custom, anyway), but the mapping, most of the triggers, and the IDEAS in it are there.

The idea was to take most games and put them INTO the RPG, such as a Hero Defense, a Tower Defense, a Hero Arena, a Maze of Death, a Race for Death, and several other options. These would be in the game not as 'mini games' but more as obstacles, and they are in the game - to an extent.

Sadly, my TIME is very limited, and I cannot finish my map, thus I have come to you.

I am looking for people who are up to the task of reviewing my map, and seeing if they like it. If they do, I'd like to transfer it over to others and let it be completed by someone else, I don't need credit, I simply need the map to be finished WELL.

To give a general idea of the map:

There is no advanced stat system, there never is a need for one, nor an equipment system, because those only exist in games that can be replayed, which we all end up hating because they are tedious and simply repeat. Instead, there is a class-update system, where you begin with a basic class, choose one of several options to branch to once you accomplish a certain task, then another option to branch to when you accomplish ANOTHER task. This is a way to upgrade your characters ABILITIES, not stats, and make them stronger.

The mapping is all done by me, everything is done by me. The map layout is Sunken Ruins, and the map is based on an area of islands where our heroes start.

The king of a nearby castle needs help, so we ride in to answer his request. Starting with a quick entry tutorial/class selection guide, we move into the city and see to the king. He tells us that his SON is sick/possessed, and that we need to go and contact a witch who can help cure him. Heroes fight to the witch, and she says she needs several items for the potion.

The first of which comes from a mine on an elven island, the heroes adventure there. Another item comes from a dungeon which you teleport to on the same island. Other items can be required. On the journey, the heros find the Elven village, and explore it. They later find out that they have an item they need, but must clear a certain area to aquire it from them. When the task is done, they return to find a burnt village (these triggers aren't done, but can be easily, input fire destructibles on several regions after event is finished). They need to find out WHO has done this, and this leads them to another island where there are several trolls fighting humans.

The heroes venture north or south, depending. They find the outposts, and offer their services to that TEAM, they then have a mission to steal/kill the enemy base. After this happens, they hear about the Elven village, and find out about the item they need from them...

This is where my map ends, right now. It needs to be completed past this point.

The obvious solution is to have them return home, create the potion, and then head to the prince who is in his own Hamlet, yet he is evil and everything around him is too. At this point you try to give him the potion but it is too late. To save the land, he must die.

An epic battle ensues (really, make it epic, not just a normal fight, give him LEVELS of difficulty, evolving as the fight proceeds).

Return to a mourning kingdome (play some eerie sad music and give it a blue fog and rain) who thanks you, yet is saddened by the news.

The story can proceed, much of the map has a lot of room for work.

There are several cinematics I've created which in my opinion are excellent introductions/informational scenes; edit them if you wish, I enjoy them.

Reply if you're interested OR at least want to VIEW the map. I don't mind releasing an unprotected version to the public, seeing as the map dies anyway.

*EDIT*

I also created a unique death idea, where there is a maze of fire and in first person you have to find the escape point. This is the only penalty, and it can be disabled for dying. When you find the escape point it prompts you to respawn at the Castle or your death. At the begining of the map the host can disable the penalty.

The mapping is done, but the trigger work isn't completed on that section. Randomly select a enter/exit point for each death, and let them wander the corridors of death until they find the santuary they thirst for.

Level 2
PM'd you a link to the map.

Anyone else interested please respond, and converse with those who have already.

Thanks guys, this map has potential, I promise - I just don't have time.

Level 2
I really dont want all of my work to go to the trash bin, ANYONE else interested in at least VIEWING the map? Want me to post a few screens?

Level 2
Me

Well, Im very interested in your idead, 'cause once I thought on something like that, but i'm too busy and too, too, too lazy about making maps (Off course i'm making one based on Play Game Maps) Feel free to post a link to screenshots or something like that, I would like to see your map at least once... Well, post a link to your map to....

Level 2
Im not too 'comfortable' with taking pictures, i'll simply link to the map, from now on, the map is free for all.

However, please be nice :)

http://209.204.160.14/scott/RPG-mapped.w3x

OH, ignore the guy that starts on some random island when the game begins, player 1 should not have him! =P

in fact, dont even target him, I was testing something, hell, DELETE him even!

Level 1
Hey,i would very much like to see your map, and neither do some screenshts hurt.:D After reading ur story...i wuld very like to join u and help u on The Map..:)I'm waiting for links or well...u can contact me..

Level 2
The map is linked above, go check it out and tell me what you think, and offer any services you please.

Please, take my baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.