• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NEW MOD ! ! ! Come here for Information and Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Release Date: Next Week!!!
Mod Name: BATTLECRAFT
Altered: Everything but creeps, this mod brings all the races into the future, except Night Elf, Night Elf will be replaced with Goblins. Each race will have 1 hero, don't worry this is the BRONZE version, the other versions will feature more features and hey, maybe futuristic creeps, Inns, and Resources (Which I kept the same to keep the originality of Warcraft 3). This is way more then just an Idea, the terrain and units are already done, I'll finish the triggers this week and you'll be on your way to playing with tottaly new races and messing with new strategies!
WINNING/LOSING: Each team has a generator, located on another Island, if your generator dies, then the player who destroyed it gets an Phusiam. And the team who loses the generator loses. If a team kills an oposing Phusiam, then the team that lost the Phusiam loses. You need 2 Phusiam to win, there are 4 teams and this mod will require...
REQUIRES: 9-12 PLAYERS

----------------------

Why did I post this? Because I want someone to download this, and host it on B.net, I hope you like it enough to download it this September (In 1 week).

----------------------

BETA TESTING/HOSTING THANKS TO: Clan MTD
Mauler'z and Td'erz United)

----------------------

RACES WILL BE CHANGED, NOT THE SAME THING WITH COOLER MODELS.

----------------------

Goblins will also be very strategic, and will not use the same strategies as the other races (original or altered)

----------------------

All rights reserved.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
LOL I believe you do not know battlenet.
YOU CAN NOT HOST MOD GAMES ON BATTLE NET!
Since all the players need the same data to play a map and Battlenet does not support mod shair.
Also battlenet will probably auto ban you for attempted cheating (modified MPQ)
You will need a second party server to allow people to have games with your mod otherwise all it will be used for is SP and LAN.

Or are you saying it is a MAP not a MOD.
Just incase here are the definitions.

MOD - A second party creation that modifies the game's rescources to change what the game runs.
An example of a mod is TToR.

MAP - A creation of WC3 tft's world editor or other second party editors which is easily hosted on battlenet through the custom game section.

Well enough of that im sure you mean it is a MOD.
How many maps will this mod come with? for decent play it will need to be 10-14.
Will there be any aplacation that will need to be run in the background?
Also why remove the night elves?
How big will this mod be? a typical mod like TToR is 120 MB+ so I recon by the sounds of what is in your mod it will be 200MB?
Will it feture a fully complete custom campain with custom voices and dynamic plotline?

Level 19
Sorry it must have been a typo, its a map with new races, it was late at night and I wanted publicity so I'm sorry if u thought it was like that, it isn't really replacing anything its just going to be a new map with different races (Kina like Warcraft 4) Which people do host.

Level 8
this sounds pretty cool but as Dr Super Good said, why no night elves they were one of the best races and yet now you are getting rid of them for little goblins, why not just add the goblins and keep the original 4 races?

Level 19
To explain your questions I have some things to say: Pins kicks ass, he made futuristic undead models, like the dread cyborg and heretic butcher. And for futuristic orcs, well I have the flamer orc ofcourse, the mini-orc shooter and a super weapon replacing the tauren. I was also thinking that the orcs could have a bad ass tank or something. And why replace the night elves? I don't like them :D . And Goblins are much, much more original. Plus how could I make futuristic Night Elf? Another reason for replacing the Nightelf, as well as replacing the 1 race and making them all futuristic, I added a TD element and 4 teams each being a different race. And as the versions progress through Bronze, Silver, Gold, and platinum, I will be adding more custom things like custom doodads, more skins and custom models, colored text for everything, and custom soundsets.

Level 8
for futuristic orcs you can make like cyborg skins for some of them and also why not keep all of the races instead of getting rid of ne?? because then no one who is an ne fan will be happy since they wont be able to play there fave race

Level 9
hmm... this sounds like Warhammer 40K. If you want futuristic orcs go to google and look at "warhammer 40k orks" in the image search. And for night elves, look for "eldar", they're based off elves. And it's all in the year 40,000 ^_^

Oh and just a random thought, BattleCraft is the name of the Battlefield 1942 map editor. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.