• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

new map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
A friendly tip before you get flamed, check previous topics about the exact same thing and see the answers they got.

Level 34
hi marley499 here
im here asking if any1 will make some terrain for me for a map im making i want it just to be a normal wc3 map so tht i can add all the things for it
if you can post back
wb
There is no way someone is going to help you with that kind of post. It looks disorganized and messy. When you are applying for a job, would you type like that on your resume? Please make it formal and neat. No "any1" and make sure you spell things right. You said tht, in stead of that. You were simply rushing. I would not terrain for you if I thought you rushed things and did a poor job.

Poor thread = Poor Map (It may not be the case, but the odds are higher)

Level 6
Well, no1 will terrain for you if you don't show you're dedicated to your map. Show us screenshots where you ACTUALY tried to terrain, tell us about the map, give more details etc.. Because no1 will terrain something for you so just have an own terrain to play around with.
wat r u on about u retard
And with those kinds of reactions, you can forget about some1 helping you...

Level 8
No one will take you seriously unless you at least TRY to make decent posts. Instead of "wat r u on about u retard" you could've posted "What are you and about, you retard?" and everyone would take you seriously.

Level 8
Stop flaming please.
7706_stupidposts_gif.gif

Level 4
yes i am making an alternate melee map.
Because id like to have a good terrain where all buildings are evenly spread
(gold mines, taverns,goblin stuff and so on and so forth)
because ive never made a map before ive never tried doing the terrain thats why i am asking people for some help.
but first i will attempt to make some terrain if i cant i will repost and ask for some help

Level 9
Now you're on the right track. People value their time.

People aren't willing to help you out if you don't give a professional appearance. Why should they spend their time helping you out if you can't even bother to describe what it is you want them to do in a coherent fashion?

Also effort plays a major role, people like you post these sort of threads all the time and there's relatively little proof the map will actually be made. The last thing someone on this forum wants to do is put 3-4 hours into a map only to find you'll never finish it.

As you said you would, post some pictures of your terrain, describe the map, try to fix up your grammar and spelling and you'll have alot more people interested in helping you.

Level 4
alright well im working on putting a description up and a picture of what i would like the terrain to look like.
ive got to talk to alot of people about models and then i will probably put everything up together because i dont want to put it up in drips and drabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.