• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey everyone at hiveworkshop *wave* I'm Scrya and I thought now would be a good time to say hello to everyone. Also could someone give me some directions to the "how do I begin to make too make a map" area? such as how do i put down custom units and use custom skins to start off. if not i will only have to cry myself to sleep(not really) any help will be thanked

Level 34
Hello! Welcome to the Hive!

Some useful links:

Here you can ask stuff around, but do it in the right spot and don't sound like an idiot, we already got enough of those --> Warcraft III Tutorials - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

This is the general tutorial section, where you can wander around how to do this and that. But if a certain thing isn't listed (for example you want to make a triggered Starfall spell and it's not there) then make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone, listed in the previous link --> Warcraft III Modding - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Level 7
Hey There!

Hey there new person! :grin: Welcome to the Hive Workshop :thumbs_up:!!!

Here's some info on some things you may be talking about :smile:

Beginners Guide to Map Making (SUPER USEFUL for making maps)
3D Stuff (Includes Models, etc.)
2D Stuff (Includes Skins, etc.)
If all else fails, click the TUTORIALS link above where the News|Chat| etc. is.

Tutorials

Oh and if you need help with the IMPORTING of the model(s), when you go to a model (amazing example) then scroll down to the, "Not sure how to Import this Model?" part!

Level 2
thanks and I'm sorry you already see through me... yes i am an idiot... but thanks for the help now I can see if I can make a map that isn't a failure

Level 2
well thanks for the welcomes everyone and so far yes I am enjoying my stay:)
sadly I cant figure out how to change my text though(but I'm not trying to hard)

Level 2
Well I'm not sure how many people really care but my map making is going well. With checking out some of the tutorials repeatedly I am now on my way to map making, if anyone feels like checking it out maybe if I work hard I can finish a rough draft in about a week

Status
Not open for further replies.