• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nether Ball v1.53

Reactions: deepstrasz
In an ancient part of Outland lies an arena where the masters of each realm have battled for an eternity. It is time to take up the reigns, as you have been selected for the Nether Ball Tournament.

Fight in two teams of six as you spill your blood to bring the Nether Ball to the enemy circle of power and score! Be wary, as life is short in the arena, the only thing shorter is your respawn time.

This is a fast-paced game that will keep you and your friends entertained for hours on end. It does not feature any crazy, enhanced spells, but rather a great playing style and simple fun.

This map features a fully capable AI, so feel free to play by yourself with a bunch of computers.

It would be greatly appreciated if you would PM me with any bugs you may have found.

Credits are given in game, but the only import used is by General_Frank, thanks a lot.

~Update!~
v1.51 released
-New Game Mode: Tornado
-New Stone: Rejuvenation Stone
-Bug fixes

~Update!~
v1.51 released
-Fixed a bug that disabled computer controlled leavers from moving with the Nether Ball
-Regen mode now gives you 2 mana per second, instead of 1

Keywords:
Nether, Ball, Baller, Mini, Game, Mini-Game, Arena, Outland, Black, Citadel, CTF, Capture the Flag, Paladin, Grifball
Contents

Nether Ball v1.53 (Map)

Reviews
13:07, 18th Oct 2008 Septimus: Ok, I have test this resources and it seems to be working fine the way it should be. Infact, it even support by AI computer which make the gameplay much pleasant especially at single player mode whenever a user wanted...

M

13:07, 18th Oct 2008
Septimus: Ok, I have test this resources and it seems to be working fine the way it should be. Infact, it even support by AI computer which make the gameplay much pleasant especially at single player mode whenever a user wanted to test this resources before hosting it at battlenet or gg-garena.

As for the terrain, it could use some sort of improvement cause it could be a great yawn to everyone when it been played for a period of time.

Trigger have been set very well, I do not see any leak trigger during my inspection around the map setup. But, I notice some function could possibly be make in much simple and efficient way. The victory/defeat condition seems to be working fine as well, but if the game is draw. You should make it having additional round with the next team score, they win. Not make the game defeat with the word writte "Tie Game".

As for the gameplay, it get rather boring even after been play for 10 minutes. I suggest you to create a variety of game mode or implement more interesting stuff into it to make it better. Infact, the thunder clap effect make the game quite laggy. I suggest you to remove it if you want to encourage more user to host it at battlenet or gg-garena.

As for the AI, they are quite decent level since they do not know how to pick up those rune to make themselves stronger and deadlier.

I actually want to give it 2/5 due to the thunderclap effect, the bad terrain, limited gamemode type & item available. But, the efficiency of your triggering and AI development boost the rating of it.

So, overall score for now is 3/5. If you improve the negative part of it. I might recommend this to other user.

Add On : I try this resources with my friends via online and most of them said it is similiar to all type of sport map that exist at warcraft 3. Infact, most of them agree to vote this resources rating 3.

Level 7
Need more spells (like blink maybe?).
The items sometimes spawn too much away from the center to be picked up.
Player spawn should be near their goal.
When possesing the netherball you can still cast spells.

That's all for now.

Level 10
yes, theres a new version thats going to be released soon that solves all of those problems. i just have to get the multiboard working properly and then itll be ready, but thanks for the feedback.

the new version will also include new stones and better spawns for them.

Edit: That new version (v1.0) has been released.

Last edited:
Level 10
thank you for the review septimus, and there will be game modes added in. also, the ai doesnt pick up runes yet because it seems to interfere with other ai triggers so as soon as i can figure out how to make it so the triggers do not conflict, they will. this game is supposed to be simple fun, so i didnt think the terrain was terribly important, nor do i think its too dull, but hey, to each his own. ive also never seen the thunderclap effect lag. once again thanks for the review.

EDIT: This map has been updated.

Now includes the following game modes:
Snowbound
Inferno
Blind
Regen
Insanity

The computer AI is now tougher, as they will pick up stones

Tie games now go to a sudden death round

Last edited:
Level 2
Omigosh! I saw this and I thought someone had already made the map I was working on! Luckily ours are different, awesome that you have AI, I don't know how to add that (not that my map is even ready for it).