• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NetEase Client Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello,

The Chinese version of Warcraft III (NetEase) has a very nice zoom menu that lets you choose the height of the camera:wthumbsup:

But the problem is that now, it's not very easy for a non-chineese to play on NetEase (they ask for a Chinese Phone Number :hohum:)

I know that the NetEase client has been translated in English so maybe some of you have a backup of a NetEase-Warcraft III version to share with the rest of the community since we are locked-out if we aren't chinese :wgrin:

Btw, do you know if we can play offline on NetEase? (for a solo player who would like to redo the classic campaign)

Last edited:
The function [choose the height of the camera] is based on NetEase battle platform. I don't know how it works, but I don't think it can be used where there is no NetEase. It is bound to the NetEase battle platform.

Regarding NetEase's battle platform, Blizzard provided NetEase with authorization. Let it provide free genuine 1.27, 1.29, 1.32 (classic images) to Chinese players (shame that most of them are pirate users and never pay).

If you can log in to the NetEase Battle platform, you can download it to 1.27, 1.29, and 1.32 for free (but there is no Battle.net function). You can start war3.exe through the game root directory to play single player games.

Status
Not open for further replies.