• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nerubian Weaver's Germinate Attack DOTA! >:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ok so I'm not too particular on the ability itself but here's the description:

Geminate Attack

Ability Type: Passive
Targeting Type: N/A
Ability Hotkey: K

Occasionally the Nerubian Weaver will send out two swarms, attacking an opponent twice. You must do an ordered attack to activate this.

I would assume you already know a bit about this skill but anyway it is irreverent(?)

Now in the interface/command card, when ever the ability procs the passive icon suddenly gets a cooldown animation(?) like a normal spell on cooldown. The wierd thing is that the ability is a passive. Also observing the ability icon would show that it is indeed a disabled skill.

Anyone know how to do this? Making a passive ability show cooldown?

If there are any more clarifications about what I said fell free to tell me.

Thanks in advance :))

Level 17
there is a skill, i think its called Lightning Ball (New), but im not sure about the name.
its a passive skill where you can add an active target ability (for example storm bolt).
you also can give it cooldown and set its percentage chance to 100%, so it will trigger whenever you attack AND the cooldown is ready (for example: cooldown 5 sec, if cooldown is ready, you will cast a storm bolt on the attacked unit if u attack it)
NOW: for example add a finger of death and remove damage and animation.
THEN: do a trigger.. whenever a unit starts the effect of an ability and ability equal to the finger of death, THEN create unit type of triggering unit at position of triggering unit. add 2 sec expiration timer to triggering unit. hide triggering unit (so you cant see it). order triggering unit to attack target unit of ability being cast.

Thats it :), it should work but i never tried it out

Level 10
Thanks bro! +rep.

*reads the link*

oh...so its onAttack. Figures! I thought it could work with casting an ability as well. So I guess I have to use a custom cooldown system for whatever I am about to do. hahaha but anyway thanks for replying so quickly :3

Status
Not open for further replies.