• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Variable help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I dont understand them at all!!! I see people making them but i dont know how to use them or what they do. Could some one explain them too me please?

Thanks for any help

Level 4
Take a programming class at school, or buy a book or something. No offense, but from your threads you appear to know nothing about programming whatsoever, and triggers/JASS are all about programming. Once you have a basic understanding of programming, triggers/JASS are trivial things. You could probably even find resources online. Do you know how to google?

Level 3
Your right, I dont know any thing about programming, but thats why I'm asking for help. If someone would just help me out a little, maybe I could find my way around things. I was just trying to get a little bit of help and trying to see if anyone wanted to help me.

Level 4
Day Elves said:
I was just trying to get a little bit of help and trying to see if anyone wanted to help me.

That's a very lazy approach. It's very difficult to teach someone something when they don't even have a clue about the basics. Especially since you could easily find explanations of such trivial concepts as variables online. And those explanations would probably be far better written and more valuable than anything you're going to get in here.

Level 5
or you help by explaining to him how they work. I am not an expert on variables but i know some stuff i will give you an example on how to use one
Variable name :jeej
type :unit
and the third thingy: nothing (dont know the name but dont change the third one(in this case)) then make a trigger and "set" the variable in other words make it mean something you can best see a variable like a bukket you cant use it if you dont put anything in it well set the variable to: example set variable jeej = casting unit ( this was a normal trigger i did not include an event you will have to create one yourselve)
and voila you got yourselve a trigger and a variable
event: a units begins chanaling an abilitie
condition: abilitie beeing cast equal to blizzard
Event set variable jeej is casting unit

(new trigger)

event: a unit dies
Condition: units equal to jeej
Action: create 1 footman for player 1 red in center of playable map area

that does: the hero that has casted blizzard dies (any hero) and you get a footmen its as simple as that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.