• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need to know how to block ability after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need to know pleese how to make an ability upgrade that once it has researched, one ability will be opened and other ability will be blocked or (better) removed.
I already know how to make an ability upgrade that will open an ability, but what I don't know is how to make it block other ability on the way.
I tried many possibilities but non of them worked.
I will appreciate any help! (-:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Use a validator for the ability or ability button that has Show set to Not the research level being greater than 0. Logically that is the same as being less than 1.

Show part of a validator allows you to hide stuff when certain conditions are met. This is different from the requirements part that allows you to keep stuff visible but show that it is disabled (with the tooltip saying what is needed for it to be enabled, the requirements hence the name).

Level 2
Use a validator for the ability or ability button that has Show set to Not the research level being greater than 0. Logically that is the same as being less than 1.

Show part of a validator allows you to hide stuff when certain conditions are met. This is different from the requirements part that allows you to keep stuff visible but show that it is disabled (with the tooltip saying what is needed for it to be enabled, the requirements hence the name).

Hello again,
I'm sorry, I couldn't understand how to do get to this and what fields exactly I need to change. Can you be more detailed please?

Level 2
Happens...
It will work also on autocasting or passive abilities and disabling them? (and not only hide them or make them unclickable)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Obviously if the ability fails requirements it cannot be cast, by autocast or otherwise.

That did not used to be the case in old versions. This is where the infamous burrowed Infestor bug came from (Infested Terran while burrowed). However now it does perform such checks for sense so it is no longer possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.