• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need special for Archer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I will try to help you, but I have few questions: Do you plan to use some sword model as an attachment, or should it be included in archers hand? What sword model would you prefer for that purpose? Also, since she uses a sword now does she need that arrow holder on her back?

Level 6
You're so cool Apathetic!! :D

mhh I would say best would be if you could make the bow at her back, that would be very realistic it musnt be, but yeah with the arrow holder.
And Idk.. whats better attach own sword or have sword attached to the model? (lag and so on) I actually dont care, as long as it looks good :D (1 handed sword)

Level 6
Dude, just tested it. Awesome!
All I wanted thank you very much! :D

But why is the portrait kb so much? o_O

Apathetic, what you can do is to linearize the animations of the portrait (via MDLVis), this can cause significant drop in the filesize depending on how the number of animations in a particular model.

Most of the time, you will not notice any quality loss when the animations are changed to linear (especially portrait). However, there are INDEED certain models that show obvious sign of quality loss when doing this, one of them include Warcraft 3 Tinker (not the portrait). Best way is to observe the animations in Magos's (before and after linearization).

However if you did perform linearization, make sure to check through the model's geoset animation, particles, omni, ribbon effects, go to visiblity and change the interpolation type (in the visibility) to none (everything is changed to linear after this process) to prevent bugs.

Below is the optimized version.

Attachments

• MeleeArcher_Portrait.mdx
    53.7 KB · Views: 57
  • MeleeArcher.mdx
    65.1 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.