• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hero Arena has many stuffs in it, there are lots of tutorial needed to make them.

That's a helpful comment.

Hello there!
I made this thread to ask you pros out there. Does anyone know how to make hero arena ive always wanted to do it but i dont know how so does anyone have a tutorial for it?

Hello, it sounds like your new to mapmaking. Your question is actually extremely vague and you possibly don't understand the gravity of the question you are asking.

All warcraft 3 maps are created on a program called "World Edit". Everybody that has Warcraft 3 has this program. Just open up your warcraft 3 folder and find the "WorldEdit" program.

Every map starts off with a massive area of dirt. The creator puts all the grass, water, trees, rocks, cliffs and units in the game. They also add triggers and edit unit data.

Creating a good game takes a lot of practice and patience. You will make many failed maps before you make anything good. But each map will improve your skills. Start by making random maps. Read tutorials on this website. Post any specific questions here.

Okay, to get you start with, I recommend reading Our Tutorials, they're a good start in mapmaking.

Radicool said:
That's a helpful comment.
It's not, I think.

UndeadImmortal said:
Well, you better start learning triggers if you want to.
I recommend to start with Object Editor first, as triggers come in a long road and connect to Object Editor a lot. After Object Editor you can either learn terraining or triggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.