• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

S11

S11

Level 3
I had an idea to make climate change in my map, i was wondering how i would be able to make it so the terrain changes with the weather meaning if it was snowing the tile set of the terrain would turn to snow and ran with water on the floor etc so i was just wonder if that was possible. If it was possible i was wondering how i would be able to do so?

Level 14
If you want to apply and remove snow dynamically, you can use blight. You just have to overwrite all the blight tiles with snow..and then when you make blight in the game it will snow...and you can remove it to restore the normal terrain.

Level 30
I do know that changing all tiles in the entire game and applying a weather will make a serious lag and other than that, even with the change of tiles, it will still nto look good. Doodads should also be changed to fit with the changing environment though.

I do think this will be hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.