• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with triggering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to have a trigger which picks 1 random enemy unit in an area of 512 from caster and then let my caster cast a spell on it, but can I just pick a random or does it have to be enemy only?

~Flaming

Level 2
Depends on what the unit group is that your picking the random unit from. If you use pick all units within a certain area, it can be enemy, allied, your own, neutral, etc. Anything you want it to be. On the other hand, you can use pick all units owned by player in a certain area, pick all units of type in a certain area, pick all units of type owned by player in a certain area, etc. It doesn't even need to be in an area. You can pick every single one of the units matching a condition in the whole map if you wanted.

Level 3
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to <Dummy_Ability>
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 <Dummy_Unit> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Polymorph (Random unit from (Units in (Region centered at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with size (1024.00, 1024.00)) matching ((Matching unit) Not equal to (Triggering unit))))
        Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.