• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

NEED HELP WITH TRIGGER AND MODELS!!!

Do u want me to put more than 20 races in this map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello ppl i am currently making a new races map with LOTS of new races at least 20 in mind 11 alrdy made but i downloaded some models from this site(dont worry ill put ur names on creds)but everytime i go to extract nothing is there how come?

My next question is how do i make it so once the game starts a few lists come up showing the races and u click which race u want and then after u click on race u want it will give u that races town hall and 5 workers? How do i do that?

Also wen i load the model in i did exactly what tut told me to do but it still cant load the model?

If u help me i will thank u SO much and put u in credits of my map.

Thanks for ur time if u even read this at all.

Level 13
1. Try a different extracting program like WinRAR, WinAce or WinZip. For some reason this site zips the files differently then normal, so on some extraction programs it doesn't work.

2. That would involve all the triggers under the Dialog category. Basically, you create the dialog, change the name, add buttons etc. You will have to make a trigger for when a buttton is clicked as well, and make variables for the dialog box and its buttons (an array-type variable makes it easier to manage). If you need some help, try experimenting or opening a map that has a dialog box and looking at the triggers, and if you still can't figure it out ask here and someone will be glad to help.

3. Make sure you imported everything correctly with the right paths. Although models do not require any special paths, skin do. The path is indicated in yellow on the page you downloaded it from. Remember as well to specify the model in the Object Editor and restart the World Editor.

Level 1
thank u the 1st and 3rd answers u said i understand and i no how to do buttons and stuff but in those arrays and variables is that where ill have to make it so it builds me a town hall and 5 workers for that race?

Level 2
Okay I would suggest using less than 10 races because (correct me if I'm wrong) there's a limit to buttons on the dialog box.

Anyway, for the dialog:

First create a variable for the dialog (I called it dialog) and set that variables type to dialog. Then create one variable for each race (I called mine dialogbutton1) and make them the dialog button type.

Setup Dialog
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions

Dialog - Change the title of dialog to Select A Race

----------------
Dialog - Create a dialog button for dialog labelled Example race #1
Set dialogbutton1 = (Last created dialog Button)
----------------
(repeat the actions between the lines for each race, using a different variable and label for each)

Wait 1.00 seconds
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Dialog - Show dialog for (Picked player))

Select race1
Events
Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for dialog
Conditions
(Clicked dialog button) Equal to dialogbutton1
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Example Race 1 Town hall for (Triggering player) at ((Triggering player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 5 Example race 1 worker unit for (Triggering player) at (((Triggering player) start location) offset by (20.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
Dialog - Hide dialog for (Triggering player)

Create one of the above trigger for each race, with a different variable in the condition and with different units.

That should work.

Level 3
not to poke fun and isnult, but alot of races will turn into chaos. i highly suggest not having over 5. infact mayby you should think about just making a map expanding the main races. (Eg having 3 diff workers per race, 9 teirs ect....)

Status
Not open for further replies.