• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need help with This one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Yesh, So, Anyone knows how to make 'spell' that that can be used to activate certain unit, Because i want for my map to be like this; First, you need to spawn 4 Elemental Spirits, And When All four are summoned, they should all connect some kind of beam to the elemental god that is summoned automatically when 4 of them are ready, So i how can i make some kind of 'spirit links' that connect the 4 elemental spirit's, and the Elemental God?

Level 18
You can do the link with a spell animation like the one of Healing Wave or something else you like. Same for the Elemental God. Just pick a model (or download one here or any other proper Wc3 model providing site/forum), import it as done in the Import Tutorial (on this forum), and you got what you want. If you're looking for a trigger to check if all 4 Elemental Spirits are on the map, simply use:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters Playable map area
  • Conditions
    • Triggering unit is equal to Elemental Spirit
  • Actions
    • If (All conditions are true), then do (Then Actions), else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Count number of Elemental Spirits equal to 4
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Create Elemental Lord at center of Playable map area
      • Else - Actions

Level 7
Thanks, First part is done. But then, ( If theres any way to ), when the Elemental God is summoned, It should be In-active if nothing connects it, so can i make it so that when all four elemental spirits connect it with ( Like Chain healing's beam ) It activates the Elemental God and enables it to move, cast spells, etc.. So if even one of the activation beam's cut ( caster is killed / cancels the beam ) then the elemental god would go inactive again.. So could you also include this if it's possible? ;)

Level 18
I suggest (with the eye on lag) to use the trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If (all conditions are true) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Count number of Elemental Spirits less than 4
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Pause unit
      • Else - Actions
'Pause unit' will cause the unit to stay on the map, targetable, but will not perform any actions. If you want it not to be targetable either, you need to add 'Unit - Add Locust ability' to this trigger. If you want it to be completely off the map, use 'Unit - Remove Elemental God'. On top of this last option, you can choose to let the Elemental God appear again on the location it was removed by setting the postition he was removed in a variable like: 'Set GodDeathPoint = Position of Elemental God', and place it before the Remove unit command in the trigger.

Do remember that with losing and reconnecting links, the previous posted trigger will (if you're going to use the Pause unit function) change a bit to:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters Playable map area
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If (All conditions are true), then do (Then Actions), else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Count number of Elemental Spirits equal to 4
      • Then - Actions
        • If (All conditions are true) then do (Then Actions), else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • Playable map area contains position of Elemental God is not equal to True
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Create Elemental Lord at center of Playable map area
          • Else - Actions
            • Unit - Unpause Elemental God
      • Else - Actions
This will cause the Elemental God to appear when it's not there yet, and will unpause the Elemental God when it already exists.
If you added the Locust ability (so it can't be targeted), you add the command 'Unit - Remove Locust ability' to this trigger.
If you chose to remove the Elemental God and saved the last position it was on, you just remove the 'Unpause unit' command, and change 'Unit - Create Elemental Lord at center of Playable map area' to 'Unit - Create Elemental Lord at center of GodDeathPoint'.

Level 7
Gotta try it out ! But, Wouldn't it work aswell that you change owner of elemental god as the beam cuts? like to neutral passive or so. Ill edit as soon as i get it tested.

Level 18
Then the unit would still be doing orders I think. Also Neutral passive units are not very reliable. It's known that they don't always keep to the area's they're assigned to, even if it's assigned by trigger. So that might cause problems.

Level 7
O Rite. New Problem, I decided not to make the beams, Would be to hard, But... I Totally Forgot that the 4 elemental Spirits were spawned from a building.. And i can't select a unit if it isn't on map... Hmh..

Level 7
' Triggering Unit Is Equal To Elemental Spirit ' I can't just choose the spirit from unit palette o,O, It need's to be chosen directly from the map if it's placed on map, and this is build 'n' fight map, so there wont be tier 3 units on map at beginning o_o.. Thats the prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.