• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need help with thee open/closing door system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have created 1 door in my map. When the player says -open mg it will open the door. when it he/she says -close it will close the door.
But if the enemies destroy the gate he can use -open door to open the gate again its like it revives.
That happens when he door got like 60% of its health.
So my problem is that its going to full HP or it revives.
Any one knows any trigger that will prevent it to revive or restore it HP?

Level 6
Check if gate is alive, that's it, then run a trigger when gate dies to stop the command checking, this will ensure that the command triggers don't run at all when gate is gone.

IIRC back when i was trying to do an open gate trigger, an open gate is counted as alive and a closed gate is counted as dead. (or maybe vice versa, i would have to test to figure it out)

just tested, an open gate is counted as dead i believe.

if u were to use the trigger theodan suggested the gate can be opened but not closed, as it is counted as dead.

check out the tut i linked, look at the bottom, it addressed this problem.

Level 6
Do you kill and revive the gate to open and close it ?
If you do that's the wrong way to do it. Just play the gates death animation or birth animation to open and close.

is this to me or him?
btw if u use death animation, it just looks like a destroyed gate not an open one. (and you cant walk through it, but can attack it, once u attack the gate, it changes its look to closed) idk about birth though.

Status
Not open for further replies.