• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help with camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jod

Jod

Level 2
Ok so here it goes, i want to make a trigger or whatever that is disabling me from moving the camera away from a specific region. For example, i put the place where you select your hero in a hero arena map, and i don't want people looking at it after they selected their hero. I need this to hide some places in one of my maps, I also don't want those places to be seen via the minimap unless you're in the place. Something like Uther Party if you've ever played it...
Can anyone help me with that?

Jod

Jod

Level 2
i brg doom said:
just lock the camera to a unit
Do you mean like camera in warchasers? i don't like that view >_>
And i don't know how to make minimap a model.. i hear that for the first time o_O

Level 17
you don't want people to see the area? Just create an enabled visibility modifier for players emitting black mask across the region after they have chosen their heroes

Reactions: Jod

Jod

Jod

Level 2
o_O. Good idea. Never thought of that.. thanks!
I clicked
reputation.gif
below your avatar. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.