• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need help with adding weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
i made a cool weapon wit an emmiter and i wanna make a blademaster use it instead of his current weapon. can any1 help me by giving me a tutorial on how 2 switch a units weapon???
the programs i have are: vertexmodify, Wc3_Image_Extracor_II (doesnt rly work...), and War3ModelEditor

Level 11
are you insane?! :grin:

why would he import a model?

when a skin is only 100kb and by the skin he can choose betwen different weapons without importing more, my adding a model he need a new model for each weapon.

konerboy, i dont rly see what ur trying to say.... what NhazUl told me made sense and worked. i dont understand wat ur trying to tell me to do:eekani:

Level 18
Yyyyup, you're right about the size. But as a single-player-map-making-guy I pay no attention to that. Well, wolfman, everything depends on your current needs.

If you want to have, say, a grunt and a blademaster both armed with a hammer, then import the weapon model only and attach it as an item ability to the left/right hand of the units. But in this case you will have to import also weaponless Grunt and Blademaster models.

If your only concern is a single model, you'd better geomerge it. Choice is yours to make. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.