• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, do you know any way i can do so the Storm bolt can be shot at the ground or whereever i want to instead of needing to shoot it at a unit every time.
I mean like, for example the firestrike it can be used on the ground where you want is it any way to make that happend to storm bolt? :grin:

You create a spell for your hero, that does nothing (this means a dummy ability) with a point target (best if you used channel). Then create a unit (use like a footman) and remove the model file (make it .mdl) and add locust ability (and the ability you will use to substitute your storm bolt) to it, remove the shadow, and make Attacks enabled to none (and there is your dummy unit). And with triggers, you check when the unit has casted the dummy ability, and create the dummy unit at target point of ability being cast, and order the last created unit to use your substitute ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.