• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

NEED HELP!!! VERY SIMPLE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need help. Very simple. I have a map. I want to make it so that a unit attacks when the player press a button, peferably "left mouse click" or "space bar". I have the camera set to thrid person. Is there any way to set it to first person? Also, if it is in first person, is there a way to make a crosshairs for a person to aim by?

Then again, maybe it is not so simple.

Level 4
Ok the attacking on using the left mouse button is easy, as long as you don't want your player to attack a point/an area. Just make a trigger that contains the following:

Code:
Event: Player Selection Event - Player Selects A Unit - [YOUR PLAYER] Selects A Unit

Condition: Unit Comparision - Triggering Unit Is Not Equal [YOUR PLAYERS UNIT]

Actions: 
.) Unit - Issue Order Targeting A Unit - Order [YOUR PLAYERS UNIT] To [ATTACK, CAST ABILITY, ..] On Triggering Unit
.) Selection - Select Unit For Player - Select [YOUR PLAYERS UNIT] For Triggering Player

As far as I know, it's not possible to detect spacebar events, a "real" first person camera or to display crosshairs..

klovadis

Level 2
Thanks, that really helps. By the way, do you know anyone who does good modeling. I need a model of Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus done. Or prehaps you know a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.