• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need help to reduce file size on model..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi. I've made a model based on this model http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...?prev=search=villager%20animation&d=list&r=20 but I have removed alot of animations from it and I have made a reskin for it but still the size of the model is way to big (839kb) and I think there should be some more way to reduce the size of the file and still make it have the same quality, there should be things u could be able to remove from the model maybe in "Node Manager" in the "War3ModelEditor" or some else of the managers within that program but I just don't know what I can remove of it and what things that isn't needed for the model because I just have a few of all the 255 animations of the original model. Anyone could please help!? I'm very noobish at editing models..

If you deleted the animations with War3ModelEditor you have a problem.
War3ModelEditor only deletes the sequence, but not the information in bones and helpers. You need MdlVis to remove the sequences and the keyframes. Open MdlVis, go to Modules -> Sequence editor or hit F3, in the right panel under Current sequence select the animation to be erased. Before you hit Delete, go to Frames -> Clear or Ctrl+D to erase the keyframe data.

Also, you can linearize the animations to decrease more the size. For that, go to Modules -> Vertex editor (F1) under Optimization -> Optimizer... (the last option) In the dialog, check Linearize animation and hit Optimize.

Status
Not open for further replies.