• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help to move on ages-stuck project :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hello everybody. Long time no see huh?
I'll go straight to the point: i was working years ago on a project regarding the aliens franchise and the warcraft one. I did develop 4 maps but i was finally stuck when i had a problem i could not resolve for not being able at all in geoset merging or whatever it takes to do this:
Basically there are 2 models of Aliens, this one http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/alien3-5-a-49330/?prev=search=alien&d=list&r=20 and an Alien Queen model located in a map AvP like with custom units.
The problem i was faced to is this:
I've been able to retexture the queen helmet of its model to fit as a Praetorian one. The problem is that the helmet is a model itself that automatically attaches to the "queen" model(which is actually a drone in every aspect), so there can't be two separate models of Praetorian and Queen, just one type only!
So what i kindly would like to have is just two distinct models of Alien Queen and Alien Praetorian. That's it.
Oh by the way, the authors of the models already authorized me to modify them for the purpose, so there's no problem with that. ;)

The model and blp for the alien queen's head is located in this other old thread of mine. It is closed, that's why i can't get them.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/remodeling-request-see-attachment-163876/

Thank you in advance. If in dubt, do not hesitate to reply.

EDIT: QueenOdnoza is a spinal alien thingy that goes on the back of each models as well.

Attachments

• AlienPraetorian_portrait.mdx
    15.5 KB · Views: 50
  • AlienQueen.mdx
    121.6 KB · Views: 48
  • QueenOdnoza.mdx
    13 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.