• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help... Model Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i imporded HQ.mdx manual (i have RoC not Tft so no import maniger :wthumbsdown:) and it keeps reseting from HQ.mdx to HQ.mdl im my Warcraft World Editor

i put this :

ART - Model File | HQ.mdx

And when im done typing it goes :

ART - Model File | HQ.mdl

And i know it works becuse it works with Vortex.mdl

HELP ME !!!!

Level 3
for some reason WC3 likes to use the .mdl extension on imported mdx files... who knows why. Select the models you've imported from the imported models dropdown and you won't run in to any issues. (if you imported the models properly)

i did this Run --> WinMPQ --> open --> war3.mpq --> Add --> HQ.mdx --> /--> OK --> run W3ROC editor --> new map --> OK --> Object Editor --> new unit --> new casle --> HQ --> ART - Model | SELECT --> Costom : HQ.mdx --> OK

Level 11
... why the FUCK did you import a model in to war3.mpq? thats just STUPID. The world editor includes an import manager to make importing resources in to a map easy, so why the hell are you doing that?

even if you only have RoC and no FT, you still import resources in to the MAP, not the games default archives. You DON'T fuck with those. map files are just MPQ archives containing all of a maps data.

Level 3
... why the FUCK did you import a model in to war3.mpq? thats just STUPID. The world editor includes an import manager to make importing resources in to a map easy, so why the hell are you doing that?

even if you only have RoC and no FT, you still import resources in to the MAP, not the games default archives. You DON'T fuck with those. map files are just MPQ archives containing all of a maps data.

how then only what i see in .w3m = war3units.doo

And im not the only one Doing it like this

AND ROC EDITOR DOSENT HAVE INPORT MAN MANAGER IF YOU DONT HAVE TFT

I DONT HAVE TFT
LOOK HIRE STUPID !!! I DID THIS !!!!!! http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30452

and i figure it out...
I DONT HAVE THE F***ING TEXTURES FROM TFT

Last edited:
Level 11

The link you posted said:
Step 2: Open your map with WinMPQ.

i did this Run --> WinMPQ --> open --> war3.mpq

... are you capable of reading?

Level 3
... are you capable of reading?

:razz::razz: omg that i dint read that step ! Thanks !:razz::razz:

sorry for the F word

Now i have a other prolem...

the models dont show up in WC3 Model editor it comes but when i run the game i get uncontrolable shadows

(i deleted the Custom files i put in the war3.mpq and put them in models.w3m)
i fixded it...
it was the files were deleted in the w3m by the save

now one more ting...
how can i make a building that trains difrent tings (e.g a barracks that trains peons)

Last edited:
Level 1
Here is picture that shows you where to add units to a building to sell those units.

Attachments

• Capture_12312007_173643.BMP
    1.2 MB · Views: 132
Level 11
Selling != Training
Training != Selling

You said 'sell' you showed him how to 'train'

@Dotoriton, Are you sure you got HQ.mdx's textures? You need to put them into the map as well.

Level 3
no i dont have the Cloud.blp, Cloud8x8.blp, Lavalump2.blp,TinkerBuilding.blp
DustA.blp Clouds8x8Fire.blp texture

can u post them ? (Open War3.mpq exract Textures\Cloud.blp, Textures\Cloud8x8.blp Textures\Lavalump2.blp, Units\Creeps\HeroTinkerFactory\TinkerBuilding.blp, Textures\Dust5A.blp, Textures\Clouds8x8Fire.blp)

I dont have TFT >_< can some one post them pleaze ?

Level 3
becuse i had a problem, whats now solveded

Error : MY models dont show up

Cuase : Wrong path or invaild textures

Fix : Get TFT or recheck the model path

NEW ERROR :

Error : models dont show up in-game

Coase : Files are deleted in the w3m/w3x by WE

Fix : Reimport the files (only RoC not TFT)

NEW Question :

Question : how do i produce costom units in a building

Answer : Put unit file in Trainded (Works :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.