• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Need help in photoshop

Level 18
I wanted to change the color of the shining zombie eyes (yellow shining eyes) to a different color using Photoshop Ps.Zombie skin easily changes color by changing the "saturation/color tone".But the eyes do not change to a different color (only the brightness of the eyes changes).I would like you to make the zombie eyes red (change the eyes of a red zombie with shining eyes).
Show me how to do it with screenshots with explanations.

ISL

ISL

Level 13
Try this:

1701681799331.png

I usually use Brightness/Contrast in conjunction with Hue/Saturation for areas that are too bright to display any color. I should probably mention that if you create a new Adjustment Layer while an area is selected, that adjustment layer will be applied to the selected area only. In fact, if you select an Adjustment Layer and use any tool like Brush, Eraser, or even Blur on its Mask, you can change how the Adjustment Layer is applied to its area. This is useful for precise edits.

Additionally, you could try copying and pasting the eye, or even the entire face, from the other zombie skin (the blue one). Its eye might be easier to recolor.

Last edited:
Level 18
Try this:

View attachment 455994

I usually use Brightness/Contrast in conjunction with Hue/Saturation for areas that are too bright to display any color. I should probably mention that if you create a new Adjustment Layer while an area is selected, that adjustment layer will be applied to the selected area only. In fact, if you select an Adjustment Layer and use any tool like Brush, Eraser, or even Blur on its Mask, you can change how the Adjustment Layer is applied to its area. This is useful for precise edits.

Additionally, you could try copying and pasting the eye, or even the entire face, from the other zombie skin (the blue one). Its eye might be easier to recolor.
Thanks for the advice, but I'm a complete teapot in Photoshop and I only understood half of your words, haha

Level 18
Try this:

View attachment 455994

Can you send me screenshots step by step?
Unless, of course, you have the time and desire.

ISL

ISL

Level 13
Thanks for the advice, but I'm a complete teapot in Photoshop and I only understood half of your words, haha
I can send you a .psd file and a couple of photos taken from google.

Notes:
1. Adjustment Layers include Color Balance, Hue/Saturation, Brightness/Contrast, etc.
All of them are located here:
1701702534907.png

2. You can use Selection Tools to select the areas you want to change using Adjustment Layers.
For Warcraft 3 recolors, my personal favorite Selection Tool is the Lasso. It is manual and requires a lot of time, but I got quite proficient with it.
1701702651171.png

1701702781097.png

3. I have attached a .psd file; This is an example of how I would create and apply Adjustment Layers to recolor a skin.
I recommend you to pay close attention to Layers and Layer Masks.
Layer Masks
are displayed as these black and white icons near the layers; They display what areas are affected by each layer:
1701703124342.png

Good luck and happy learning!

Attachments

• ZombieB.psd
    368.4 KB · Views: 2
Level 18
I can send you a .psd file and a couple of photos taken from google.

Notes:
1. Adjustment Layers include Color Balance, Hue/Saturation, Brightness/Contrast, etc.
All of them are located here:

2. You can use Selection Tools to select the areas you want to change using Adjustment Layers.
For Warcraft 3 recolors, my personal favorite Selection Tool is the Lasso. It is manual and requires a lot of time, but I got quite proficient with it.

3. I have attached a .psd file; This is an example of how I would create and apply Adjustment Layers to recolor a skin.
I recommend you to pay close attention to Layers and Layer Masks.
Layer Masks
are displayed as these black and white icons near the layers; They display what areas are affected by each layer:

Good luck and happy learning!
That's the only way I did it.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана (40).png
    Снимок экрана (40).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • Снимок экрана (41).png
    Снимок экрана (41).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
Level 18
There you go.
Hello again!Yesterday you sent me an example, I wanted to use this example as a basis, but I noticed that it does not have transparent zones (invisible zones).And when I use the skin on the model, the transparent areas are colored black.I wanted to create transparent zones in Photoshop myself, but something didn't work out.Then I wanted to just copy the eye overlay from your example to another skin (new skin), but it didn't work either.
Could you drop the psd file, but so that you cover the eye area and not the whole body?
so that the skin has cropped sections (invisible sections).
Pls...

Edit:I did it myself after 2 hours of video lessons 💀

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 3.png
    3.png
    495.3 KB · Views: 3