• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help for non-reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. So I decided not to install any patches related to Reforged because of lots of stuff going on that I don't like but I still think there are alot of people will be playing in Reforged patches, and I want my map to be compatible with Reforged even if I don't want it.

Can someone help me with the following.

1. What are the tiles that has grasses in Reforged? (Because in Reforged the tiles grow grasses automatically)
2. What are the paths of the grass models in Reforged?
- --- -
- You can answer neither 1 or 2, either way I just want to make sure the grass don't grow randomly in my map when played in Reforged -
- --- -
3. Is the storm crow ability bugged? Does it make the caster turn into bear in Reforged too or no? (Because we use storm crow ability to change unit heights).
4. Is UI/Console/*race*/*race*UITile05.blp and Is UI/Console/*race*/*race*UITile06.blp still used in Reforged (Even in reforged classic)?

I want to make sure my map is playable in the latest patch even if I don't have it.

Last edited:
Level 6
1. All grass tiles have those meshes now. Even tile like « Ashenvale - Leaves ». Dirt tiles also have some custom meshes (small rocks).
Although, using a tile selected in the « Cliff Base Tiles » groups don't make the tile spawn any mesh. Probably a bug.

2. Where to find those meshes and associated textures :
_hd.w3mod \ environment \ foliage
Some tiles use up to 7 foliage meshes though.

3. I don't have that issue.

4. Yes :
Sans titre-1.png

In case you didn't know, you can force your map to use only SD assets : Map Properties > Supported Modes > SD

Last edited:
All grass tiles have those meshes now. Even tile like « Ashenvale - Leaves ». Dirt tiles also have some custom meshes (small rocks).
Although, using a tileset selected in the « Cliff Base Tiles » groups don't make the tile spawn any mesh. Probably a bug.

Hello, thank you for responding, but if you can spare some time can you list all the tiles that automatically generate grasses in reforged so I can avoid using those? :) (Because I frequently use custom tiles, and sometimes I use tiles such as Ashenvale Grass and replace it with custom texture like dirt or rock tiles, and I don't want Reforged to generate grasses in my dirt/rock terrain).

Last edited:
Level 6
Ashenvale : dirt (rocks and grass), grass, grass lumpy, leaves (leaves and grass), vines (vines)
Barrens : dirt, grassy dirt, grass
Black Citadel : darktiles (rocks apparently, but not used)
(Blight uses bones meshes)
Cityscape : grass
Dalaran : grass
Dalaran Ruins : grass
Dungeon : dirt (rocks)
Felwood : grass, leaves
Icecrown Glacier : dirt (rocks)
Lordaeron Fall : grass, dark grass
Lordaeron Summer : dirt (rocks), grassy dirt, grass, dark grass
Lordaeron Winter : grass
Northrend : grass
Outland : dirt (rocks and grass)
Sunken Ruins : grass, dark grass
Underground : dirt (rocks)
Village : short grass, thick grass
Village Fall : short grass, thick grass

If I didn't put anything in brackets, then it uses grass and sometimes flowers meshes.

Status
Not open for further replies.