• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Trigger] Need help fast plz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
a tutorial says to do ths but dont know how plz help

:cry:
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButtons[(Integer A)]
Then - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Heroes[(Integer A)] for (Triggering player) at ((Triggering player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
Selection - Select (Last created unit) for (Triggering player)
Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Name of (Last created unit))
Else - Actions

Ham

Ham

Level 5
these are triggers, and for all i can see, they are actions

must go something like this

• Actions
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButtons[(Integer A)]
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Create 1 Heroes[(Integer A)] for (Triggering player) at ((Triggering player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
            • Selection - Select (Last created unit) for (Triggering player)
            • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Name of (Last created unit))
          • Else - Actions

Level 5
these are triggers, and for all i can see, they are actions

must go something like this

• Actions
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButtons[(Integer A)]
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Create 1 Heroes[(Integer A)] for (Triggering player) at ((Triggering player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
            • Selection - Select (Last created unit) for (Triggering player)
            • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Name of (Last created unit))
          • Else - Actions

Yes but what i dont get is how to do that i was wonderen if someone could tell me a step by step like
(action- (***)
push (****) then *(***)

:cry:for example i dont know how to do action loop

Srry if im bien picky but dont understand

Ham

Ham

Level 5
well i think you could do it by just messing around with the trigger editor

right click action >>
new action >>
look for the one u want in this case (For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)) >> this shall create this automatically (Loop - Actions)

and go on.

Level 35
Well, the Loop - Actions part is going through the If/Then/Else action. The Condition is if the Clicked dialog button is equal to Integer A (which is just a reference to the trigger name of the Dialog Button which should have been created in a different trigger). After that, the Then statements go like this:
1) It creates 1 Hero while referencing Integer A for the player that clicked on the button. I think that either the hero must be set or it is preset in the Dialog Button code.
2) This action selects the last created unit hence the hero.
3) This simply tells the triggering player what hero they chose (like they don't know, but it's still handy to have in case they don't realize)

My best guess is that you don't have all the triggers you need. There should be a trigger + variables creating the dialog box at the start. I'm sure there are tutorials for that as it is widely used. However, the part that confuses me is Heroes[(Integer A)]. It seems like a preset command...

I get it now. You need the other trigger. It will set different heroes to different dialog buttons and when you click a button, it will reference that button and create the hero that was set to it. You need the missing trigger, and you will also need all the variables. Why don't you show us a link to the tutorial? If it doesn't show what I'm saying you need, I think it should be brought up with the tutorial's creator. Anyhow, good luck!

Level 35
Yeah, I have dabbled with dialog boxes myself, and while I do not know off hand how to create one from scratch (although if I tried, it wouldn't be too hard to learn once understanding the requirements), I can manipulate them to do what I want.

So, show me said tutorial and tell me what you want done, and I will explain everything and say what must be changed.

Ham

Ham

Level 5
yes your not selecting (actions) your selecting (action)

it's just down that one ;)

Level 5
Ok so what happened is im creating hero slect at bigining...right now thediaolog comes up and has heroes ...but when clicked nothing happens -->i need to make it so it triggers the button to mke the hero for triggering player....make sence?

Ham

Ham

Level 5
Code:
for each integer a do multiple actions

this is the right one

i got my display image from the User CP

you should read the rules before posting, your breaking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.