• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help checking for leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey all,

I'm getting an error partway through my map and I'm not sure why. I think I could possibly have a leak, but I have no clue how to find them and fix them correctly. There is a sticky, but I was still confused and scared I might mess something up further.

Specifically right now I get the error message after kill 1 or both of the "Troll King" units. So it could be centered around that.

I have attached the map. Let me know if you have any advice to fix the leaks.

Attachments

• Hunter.w3x
    221.7 KB · Views: 48
Level 29
u have a ton of leaks. check out the tutorial for things that leak.

also check out my tutorial Things a GUIer Should Know.

anything u use twice or more store into a variable and use that.

never use casting unit / dying unit / entering unit
use triggering unit instead.

u need to get rid of the waits they will cause bugs.

for ur item pickup triggers u need to filter what player it is not that the item is in playable map. u should get rid of that condition since an item cant be picked up when its off the map. and if it is spawned off the map it will cause a crash.

Also since this is an rpg u might want to think about using an item drop system. the one in my sig is in vJass but very easy to use for GUIers. and i can help u understand how to use it. u do need to dl JNGP and install it tho.

this should also be in the triggers and scripts forum not in map development

Status
Not open for further replies.