• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Advice on terraining a hex board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So i am considering making a turn based game that uses a hex board. Any idea how i should go about terraining this? This is a hex board:

524px-Hex_board_11x11.svg.png

Level 8
Hmmmm. Thats the best i've come up with as well. It will suffice for awhile--regardless the way im going to code it will allow it to be easily changed if there is ever an idea to make it more to scale. Probably could make it better with doodads but that would be annoying. If there was an outline of a hexagon model existent, that would be hella awesome.

Thanks for your assistance.

Level 8
It actually is rather easy, just put an invisible unit in the center of each hex, and for unit movement have a ability with a max distance cast point, have it get the closest invisible-hex-unit to targeted point and have them move to the center of the hex (where the invisible unit would be ). With a few error and invalid movement conditions, it should work fine.

What is UTM?

Level 4
Use the hexagonal platforms from the UTM, and pinpoint the coordinates of the center of each platform when you make the board, and use those as destinations when moving units.

Status
Not open for further replies.