• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need a balancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
test my map to :D thats what i need help :p we test each other maps but u could host because i cant it sucks... router :S i can unplugg it but taking 10 min connect again and my bro is on the other line. do u have msn? U wana do it over bnet?

Level 6
Hello. I just tested your map, and came across some areas that I believe you can improve.

First of all, a minor annoyance is that sometimes, when your side's computer controlled units kill an enemy, it says they are "Godlike" "Dominating" etc. I'm not sure what the problem is, because I didn't look at your code, but it should be an easy fix.

Secondly, you sort of blend AoS style with Hero Wars style. Let me just tell you right off the bat - this won't work. Either make a Hero Wars map, or an AoS map. Trying to blend the two will result in failure, in my opinion. It has never really been done successfully, and for good reason. Tomes do not belong in an AoS, and AoS creep kill mechanics don't belong in Hero Wars. Pick one or the other.

Lastly, I'd be glad to help with tooltips, but please be specific. Do you want Item tooltips? Ability tooltips? Can you put them all into one section, for easy assortment? Right now all your Object Data is kind of scattered around the map. It's very disorganized, and this makes it hard for me to know what you want done.

- Mech

Status
Not open for further replies.