1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Miscellanous / Other] Natural Selection

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Krakenn99, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Krakenn99

Krakenn99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Krakena Presents

[​IMG]
    Natural Selection
    Created by Krakena with the help of Persuasive and Soylent

Download:
    Natural Selection v0.5b - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

Map Info:

Natural Selection is a map inspired by the game "Natural Selection". You have 2 teams: The Force(Humans) and The Plague(Aliens). Player 1(red) plays as the human base which operates like a mix between melee and tower defense, he has to expand and build the "Siege Tank" in order to destroy the enemy base and win. Meanwhile his allies each play with a hero, similar to a AoS(MOBA), they defend the base from incoming enemy waves and heroes. Player 7(green) is the "Hive Mind", basically the alien base. He has to spawn units and upgrade them, swarming the enemies until they're defeated in order to achieve victory. His allies again play like a MOBA, helping him push and destroy the human players.

Features:

Somewhat original gameplay mix between Melee,Tower Defense and AoS(Hero Arena).
    Sweet custom units, models, icons you name it we have it!
    Awesome and unique experience like no other!

Some other stuff about the map:

Map is in early development, it is being play tested almost every day with constant updates.
    The terrain is not final and will be reworked in a later versions.
    The balance is non stop being tweaked and edited for top notch professional try hard experience.
    I'm open for suggestion and ideas after you've tested the map.
    Also if you find any bugs, typos or mismatching descriptions contact me please.

Screenshots and Videos:

From World Editor

From Ingame

Change Log:

Join our discord server to check the patch notes! link: Warcraft 3 Discord Server

Author's notes:

I've made а discord server for Warcraft 3. I post my map changes there, also you can contact me and my friends about the map on the server! Join us for glorious times and memes (ಠ‿↼)

Discord: Warcraft 3 Discord Server

I'm also keeping track on the latest games that I've tested with my friends so I can properly balance out the map: Natural Selection Games Track

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
    Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. King Tidus

King Tidus

Resources:
    Resources:
    interesting looking project, Ill give it a go when i got some more free time and leave some feedback, i dont think i've ever played something like this before though

3. Krakenn99

Krakenn99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cool, make sure you test it with about 5 people or at the very minimum 3. Hope the testing goes well and you have fun doing it!

4. Wareditor

Wareditor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cool looking thread :)
    We should test this at the next Custom Game Night!

5. Krakenn99

Krakenn99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Custom game night!? Tell me more about that and when will it be held?

6. Wareditor

Wareditor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  7. Krakenn99

Krakenn99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  8. Krakenn99

Krakenn99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    bump

Edit: I've uploaded a spreadsheet that I'll be keeping track of testing games, you might find it interesting so make sure you check it out :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018