• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] -name Trigger and -replace Trigger...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Alright, I'm not that g---... I can't trigger. Happy?

I want some triggers that should look like:

A player types: "-name <Name>" and then if he types ":Hello!" You get:
Squidle: Hello!

How to do thiez?

• Name Set
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -name as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set UnitName = (Entered chat string)
  • Action
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing : as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (|cffffcc00 + (UnitName + (|r + (Entered chat string))))
Second Trigger

A player types: "-replace <New Unit's name>", for example... I selected a Footman and want him to be replaced with a grunt, then I type: "-replace grunt"

• Select Set
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set S_Unit = (Triggering unit)
  • Action
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -replace as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace S_Unit with a Grunt using The old unit's relative life and mana
They both don't work and... I just can't trigger...

Level 4
You're on the right track. You just haven't done all the work. This trigger isn't what you want, but it shows you how to do what you want.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -replace as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type((Substring((Entered chat string), 10, 999)))) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
The key part of this is that you determine the unit's name based on a substring of whatever was chatted. So letters 10 through whatever of the chat are what determine the unit's type.

Level 13
Cool it works, thanks ;)
But I still need that first trigger, that Name trigger thingy.

Oh, and this is how my Create 'n Replace triggers lookz like.
Is there a way to make it even easier, or is this the best way?

• Replace
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace Selectunit with a (Unit-type((Substring((Entered chat string), 10, 999)))) using The new unit's max life and mana
      • Selection - Select Selectunit for Player 1 (Red)
  • Select
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Selectunit = (Triggering unit)
  • Create
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -create as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type((Substring((Entered chat string), 10, 999)))) for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of The_Spawner <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees

Level 12
  • Replace
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace Selectunit with a (Unit-type((Substring((Entered chat string), 10, 999)))) using The new unit's max life and mana
      • Selection - Select Selectunit for Player 1 (Red)
Replace 999 with: Entered chat string length.
  • Create
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -create as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type((Substring((Entered chat string), 10, 999)))) for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of The_Spawner <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
Here too.

Level 12
You mean like -create 10 peasant ? If so then
  • Create units
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 Red types a chat message containing -create as a substring
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create (substring 8, 11 units of type substring 11, 999
then i think you can create 1-10 of the entered unit types name. Not sure since i dont got warcraft III on this computer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.