• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naga Dragon

I was bored, and realized naga needs more air.. so here it is...
based off green dragon, re-uvied, along with model edits (no real anim edits)
apolagies if the UV isnt perfect...

UPDATES
-fixed holes
-fixed quite a few UV issues
-fixed breath
-added a little to the head
-added some planes to the neck (so theres no hole in it, from the bottom)
-fixed breath again (now its steam, instead of bubbles)
-fixed crah

Update:
Model has been optamized, and is now 70kb, and probably around 50 kb inside the map (its also been squished)

Keywords:
naga, water, dragon, fish, flying
Contents

Naga Dragon (Model)

Reviews
17:07, 7th Oct 2009 Pyritie: The unwrap is kinda messy in places and you have some unwelded verts near its pelvis on the underside. DonDustin: I will approve it now, because the changes that Pyritie demanded are done, but I really really really...
saying its not good, doesnt help me make it better XD, give constructive critisism, people have complained about the UVmap, and ive since spent quite a bit of time fixing it.., i added a bit to the face, because some complaining, but i dont really know what else to do with it?, ideas, or concept drawings would really help, i mean, people are saying the face is to 'pointy', but if you look at alot of sea animals (particularly big ones, or ones that double as land animals (croc's ect, all seem to have a long snout, ), the concept i went with, was a primarily aquatic creature, capable of sustained flight (to get away from predators?), most likely feeds on small fish, and sea critters.., in the water, his wings are held against the body, and used primarily for turning, while the tail, fin for propulsion (like an alligator, but with an actual fin, to increase speed, and serve as a good balance fin in the air)

Here is a version with a shorter nose, tell me which looks better?, personally i like the longer nosed one..

1 last thing, before judging a model, actually view it ingame XD, if you open it in magos, keep in mind, the distance the model actually would be ingame, and keep in mind alot of particles, and whatnot dont properly show...(not the case here), and Definently, dont just look at the picture, because the picture is usually outdated, atleast on any model more than a few comments old, not to mention a 2d picture often gives a bad angle

Attachments

• WATERD~1.MDX
    111.4 KB · Views: 80
Heres a more rounded nose, and with that nose shovel thing replaced with 2 headspikes.., you think its better? its head definently looks more fishy/flatfaced, although not quite the look i was going for.., also asfar as moderation goes, ive fixed everything requested by the last mod (although i couldnt do an insane amount with the UVMap, i did fix a few whitespots and whatnot

Attachments

• WaterDragnon2.MDX
    111.6 KB · Views: 151
and make it look even more like a snap dragon?, the top half of the snap dragon face looked like it (all but the lower jaw), for a while.. i didnt really like the look though, and adding the lower jaw/beard i just dont see looking all that great

EDIT me, and some others, prefer the pointed head, if you want, you can use the rounded head (goes for anyone), i dont care, edit, whatever, and no need to credit..

Last edited:
Level 1
How to fix the animation?

Hello Bloody_Turds, hello guys.

Beforehand i have to say im not so good in english. So please dont blame me for that.

A simple question.

Is it possible to change the animation from this drake?
I really like this model - i want to use it for my Nagarace.

My snapdragon got now the same mechanic like the destroyer from the undeads.
I'm just need to write a trigger that the snapdragon goes into a egg and some seconds later he breaks out and fly to the air.

This Model use this damn breath steam - i hate it. I dont want this kind of animation. :ogre_frown:
I want him to attack as a meele ( like the nightelf air unit - not the twinheaddragon ) or i want him to giev the same attack like the snapdragon.

Can someone help me please? :)

Wish you the best. :thumbs_up: