• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

n00b question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hm ok i imagine this is a noob question and is probs dead simple and i am going to be greatly embarresed when someone points out quite how easy it is but oh well,

am thinking of using a speel that i DL from the site and so loaded the map with the spell to see what it looked like and decided it was dead cool, then thought right how do i get this into my map and realised that i had no idea how to do this as it requires copying/importing triggers etc in. if someone could let me know wat i need to do i would be greatfull.

one of the spell i wanted to us was volcano so if someone could tell me how to do this i am sure that should i need any other spells to be added into it i can work it our from doing that one.

thanx a lot

Jsar

Level 2
If I am not mistaken in the WE world editor(you can download it off this site) one of the new features is a spell import/export feature. I could be mistaken but I think thats what it is.

-best regards:
Master_miriku

Level 13
You have to copy and paste the triggers and spells, unless you don't have any custom triggers or spells in your current map, because then you can use the import/export trigger/spell feature. If you do have trigger data and stuff then it will replace all your current trigger/spell data.

Level 3
hmm

ok,

got the import/export feture going no probs! wat i dont understand is how i can cut and paste a trigger from another map, i can copy the trigger in txt form but i cant work out how i then paste it into the triggers section on the other map, i imagine i am just being very dumb but if u could help would be cool.

Jsar

Status
Not open for further replies.