• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

My new massive project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello people. I recently got idea to make map based on game Pirates!. It will be rpg map but randomized as much as WB alows it. Ypu should be to sail freely and visit towns where you can recruit crew, buy items, trade and get quests. Im currently testing triggers that which make infinite numbers of quests (they are pretty simple like go to that place and kill that, later i might add more complex ones but im not sure if it is possible :(). Map will also have main storyline. Ill use some of the models from this site (dont worry ill add your name to credits :wink: ) and some ill will make myself, also ill record some custom sounds. O yeah youll also be able to dance with governor daughters and there will be 2 more surprise mini-games. Anyway there will be many things to do and all will be totaly non-linear. This map will also be kinda semi-conversion. Please post here any idea or comments or email me. 1 thing if anyone wants to help me out: im not very good at making actual terrain so if anyone wants to make map of central america (carribeans) aprox 260x260 in size feel free to mail it to me, ill add everything else; also pirate model would be rather helpfull.

keep checking this thread cuz ill update it with my progress. at the moment ill probably need 5-7 weeks to finish most of the things.

Level 3
actually (thing i forgot to imply) this map will be totaly unique, almost nothing like other RPG maps
there will also be funny dialogs :lol:, and much other fun stuff

Level 3
ok if you want more info (this i wanted to keep till beta release): there will be imense story, me and my friend are working on actual script (alredy has 19 pages :lol: ) which as i wrote before will be totaly nonlinear, and some crazy stuff that will be in it (because map is based on real history) are time travel, aliens, totaly crazy quest like 'Greart search for Allwise Chicken', and house owning with custom furnituring :D :D
so if thats not even a bit unique ill stop working on map this instance and throw my comp outa window lol

Level 3
actually it wasnt very hard, just made 15 regions, each assinged var number, than through random integer one is selected and there in random place creature is crated with some items added as rewars, no actual adding to quest log is done, player just gets hint in which part of the map mob is
bit later i might add more diversity but those triggers might be very complex and i could overlook some bugs quite easly

Level 5
You said the map would be based on realy history......
-Time travel?
-Aliens?

I like the house furnishing idea, I have thought of making games like that, where you could save your houses and reload them on a different game, but the save/load code would be really long.

The search for the allwise chicken would be a funny addition, but make it a secret unlockable quest or somthing, not an actual quest someone gives you.

Level 3
well like i said that wont be the only quest like that
and yes it will be based on real history but not events, i mean more like ships, towns, and actual playing map which probably will be carribean

Level 3
After some reconsidering today, i realized that only 1 map would probably be much too small space to put all the ideas, so ill quite possibly make it a campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.