• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My minimap doesent shown up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i made a pic size 256x256 pixels in photoshop and imported into import manager renamed it War3MapPreview.tga and when i go in game i dont see any picture :S whats wrong

Level 32
Custom Minimap Preview

Custom minimap previews for custom scenarios is a big fashion. Some people might actually leave the game you've hosted because they think that the map sucks when it doesn't have a minimap preview. So here's a guide on how to make your own.

Open your favorite image editor and make yourself a good picture. You have to keep in mind that the image should have the dimensions of either 256x256 or 128x128.
Save it as .jpg or .tga if you can. If not, go get the tool Warcraft 3 Image Extractor II, open up your image and save it as .blp or .tga.

Open up World Editor and then open the Import Manager and import the image.

Double-Click on the image and tick "Use Custom Path" and set the path to:
war3mapPreview.tga or war3mapPreview.blp to have the image being the minimap preview.
You can also save it as war3mapMap.tga or war3mapMap.blp to make it being the in-game minimap.
Be sure to set the correct custom path in WE's Import Manager.

War3MapPreview.tga (by default).

Status
Not open for further replies.