• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My mind hase gone blank after 3 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
My mind is blank after 3 days of thinking of nothing else but map ideas. I need only a few more Traps for my map and itll be done. The thing is, i cant think of any! So i was wondering if u had any ideas and/ or suggestions for my map. Also special effect ideas are GREATLY apreciated.
Please post ur wc3 b.net username (if u have one) cause i dont wanna take ur idea and give u no credit (thats just wrong)

Level 6
i don't really get what you're saying...
so you're making a map, which has traps in it

could you give us some more info on what this map is and what traps you've used?

Bort

Level 9

Sure.
The actual map is sunken ruins.
As for the traps iv used are mostly walk into and die.
Further in theres a maze of moving spikes, anub arak flying around, boulders chasing you, and flames moving in a square. Theres more but thats the main idea.

Level 6
I GOT ONE! theres like these fish, then if u walk on em you die! cause there parhanas,oh oh, an when you like walk threw a door this thing chases you and you should walk on bridges, some of them fall an some dont, thatd be cool huh huh wouldnt it? :wink: lol

Level 9

First off... CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now then, falling bridges would be cool but they cause lots of glitches, such as: when a bridge falls unit can still walk over it sometime afterword (1 second after its been destroyed) whitch causes extra deaths. Also this isint just one guy so if hes a dumbass and runs away on the bridges his teammates are stuck getting squished.
But its possible to fix.
Also i only need 2 more traps andim done!!! Unfortunantly iv lost about 75% of my space with them and i need small-ish traps.
Ty

Level 8
Needs custom buff\ability: Heavy Poison
Make a region that when a unit walks over it this Heavy Poison effects the unit walking over the region.
The Heavy Poison does this: every 2 secons, 14 hp and 3 mp is taken away from the unit. This lasts until you enter another region that heals you, oh, and also, make the buff so that it won't take hp lower than 50 and mp lower than 100. :D

Level 8
start with a basic fire trap, but when you are hit, you dont just take damage, but light on fire. The fire WILL kill you over time unless you find water, so there would need to be a pool or somthing. A dude running around on fire would be awesome!

Level 10
there's a huge room and people start at the middle. a lightning strikes the middle and thunder claps slowly spreads out and kills any one caught in it. or u could do the thunder claps from the corners and move to the middle (well its kinda lame so you wouldnt need my id)

Level 2
maybe you can have a room where thers a unit in the middle and it casts a cluster roket type spell at the center of the room the unit should be in the center also and the rockets do lots of damage the exit door thingy opens and close at random times about every 10 seconds so you cant just run through the room i hope you can understand what im saying =)

Level 3
IDEA

what about this: Your guy enters a room with 2 different terrain plates (or something els). When he is going to stand on one of them. He will transport to another room. Unfortanately, in both rooms is an enemy. When you kill the enemy, you are able to go to another room. where will happen the same. And this shit continues...

Or you could make a MAZE (i'm dutch so i don't know or it is the right word)for example:
_________
| |___ | ___|
|_______ __|

(pretty stupid i'm sending this)

Status
Not open for further replies.