• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My LOTR Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well, I'm making an LOTR Campaign, and I just wanna show of the models it will feature.

The Uruks
uruksjh3.png

The Morgul Orcs

The Gondorians

Click on the pic to enlarge

Gimli

anyway, it would be nice if anyone still has any of tha_chump's old models cause mines suck!

Level 3
if you could upload them, i like them i might want to use them. I dont know if you want to upload them though.

Level 3
I have got 2 models of orcs, I'm going to upload them, but i have to find them first:D
These models were on WC3 Search, and I don't know if they are in Hive.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Uruk-Hai

Uruk-Hai Pikemen - Could use a better position. Standing tall and with his spear in front of him. Helmet could also be closed, since most Uruk-Hai had a closed helm.

Uruk-Hai Crossbows - Could use a ready animation where they would put the crossbow near their eye (to get aim) and then when shotting, they would let the crossbow fall slightly and then raising it back. The helmet could also be closed, it would look like a ball, with two squares as eyes.

Uruk-Hai - Could use a Defend animation like the footman. Make decent attack animations, please, having him slashing enemies with just one hand with a 2H / Long Sword would not look decent.

Uruk-Hai Berserker - The white parts should be colored of a light brown. Make a decent slash animation for this one, with him weaving his sword decently.

Lurtz - Make sure he also has a Bow stance. Like for example, the Demon Hunter with his Demon & Night Elf forms.

Morgul Orcs

Overall Units - Decent. Archers should have a well thought attack animation, I'm tired of seeing them weaving their bow all the time.

Gothmog - I don't like it. Looks not like him. He should not have much armor nor helmet and he should be brown as represented in the image. Also needs a decent attack animation where he would attack his enemies like mad.

Skully - Change his weapon, if you are ever going to use it.

Level 4
well, they suck, I know a guy who made more kick ass models, THA_CHUMP!.
God, I miss that guy.

Star'Kter, are these the ones you were talking about?

I've been desperately trying to contact Tha_Chump, The Creator of those models, I failed though.

Last edited:
Level 3
ouch lol, that sucks. Well i hope you can go on soon again=P i realy wanna see some good lotr maps again.

Level 7
If anyone can help mr. wugiboy, it would also help me out, as I just recently came upon their old forums, and the models they had on there were looking decent, the one that still makes me sad because I haven't found it is this one...

http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=towers18dk.jpg

But keep on going wugi, I hope you make more models, they don't look too bad, but I think they look abit too... square? or maybe it is just me

Also if you get a hold of chump tell him I want him to finish the map, it was looking really nice.

Level 7
if I could, I would, but as wugi knows, I didn't make anything in there, or have anything in there, its from a minas tirith project hosted over at the hubb, or was (latest post was in 2005)

http://www.fulgrim.com/hubb/index.php/topic,2277.0.html you can access it through there and all the posts. Most of which have models in there, and I think thats what wugi was basing some of his models off of.

Level 4
well, right now I'm restarting again, I'm actually gonna model the bodies and redo the head of Gothmog. The Towers, and Walls, I'm doing that as well, But my milkshape is near the expiration date too, so I might end up with nothing.

Edit: Tha_Chump is long gone, I used to have all of them, The New Riders(By Lacrossetitans), Better Gondorians, Mumakil, Easterlings, Wall Packs, Gandalf(I still have him), Mumakil(By Lacrossetitans), Trebuchet with Gondor Soldiers. But my Laptop died last year and lost them.
I tried contacting him but to no avail.

Level 7
I dont suppose you tried to salvage the hard drives? did you have that awesume siege tower model? Im working on a helms deep style of map, and if you dont have it, can you tell me what the filesize was on it if you recall? might save me some daunting thoughts.

Also why didnt any of you guys put them on a public site? I find the forums and had false hope for ten minutes when I found I couldn't download anything\

Edit: Also Wugi theres a decent mumakil model on wc3sear.ch (probably uploaded here) and there was a decent skin for it, and I think the file-size was quite low. But if I recall it had crappy animations, which can be fixed I'd imagine, unless the model is just really shallow for lack of a better word. Anyways good luck with your project, and if you ever do some "non-specific" models to minas tirith give me a PM. (also hueter has a gimli skin on the site, its like 80 KB's and it looks amazing really, if you could find a way to alpha out the hammer if its possible, and the skulls you'd have a really good-looking and low-file-size gimli

Second Edit: There is an AMAZING model done by mr. Moleman and edited by Chriz, who is an awesume admin on the site. Only thing is it's brown, so you might want to email or pm mr. moleman, or pm chriz to ask moleman if you can alter the skin to more of a white for minas tirith

Last edited:
Level 4
Well I had made a new siege tower, No wheels though, but meh tha_chump didn't have wheels on his tower too, And yes I'm going to see what is left of the Hard Drive. And the Mumakil made by Lacrossetitans was 200x better than Oinker's, Too bad its gone.

Edit: I dont know why, But my models(except for Gothmog) look good ingame.
Well here's my Siege Tower:

And also, Theoden:

Stupid Snowmane(The Horse) Ruined it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rui

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Those look great. However, the horse's head sure looks a bit weird, and I think Theoden's helm was different.

Also, perhaps you should make a mounted and un-mounted version, everything on the same model, so we can use the required animations afterwards. You know, like the Demon Hunter. His night elf and demon form are just one model. Which require the Alternate animation.

Level 7
Your siege tower model didn't upload properly, and now ill probably be checking this thread every 10 minutes till you fix it or you reply -_-

However really good job on theoden, I was going to make my map helms deep, but then I figured I can make it more "playable" in some ways, and add quests, mainly I wanted the humans to have to play aggresivly early on, before there are thousands of orcs running at you.

Also the reason snowmane isn't looking too good,I think is cause his face is kinda... short I believe is the word for it. its almost as if the tip was cut off, possibly because it looks like a rectangle, from what ive seen of it, however keep up the awesume work, I really could use some of your models

Last edited:
Level 7
You're correct, it looks good, and it uses the support column skin too I see. Mind telling me the size of it? I might urge you to finish it faster! (even though you already should, as someone had said previously, everyone wants LotR models for some reason...)

Level 4
why would you want to know that? anyway its about 100-300 kb in filesize.

edit:
Also why didnt any of you guys put them on a public site? I find the forums and had false hope for ten minutes when I found I couldn't download anything.

tha_chump got pissed with peeps of wc3sear.ch so he took out some of his models, and he later suggested that someone post em so I tried but my PC borked a lot of times, and as I can recall someone named maddox was given the permission to upload it but no one believed him, so I guess no one was meant to have them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.