• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My icon is not there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a little problem, iv done a nice icon in photoshop and converted it in wc3Viewer, BUT wen im trying to open it its not there (in Viewer). And my world edit cant find it when i have saved. :x

help me plz

Level 5
Insk said:
I have a little problem, iv done a nice icon in photoshop and converted it in wc3Viewer, BUT wen im trying to open it its not there (in Viewer). And my world edit cant find it when i have saved. :x

help me plz

Perhaps you've saved it as a .JPG file, instead of a TGA or BLP? If so convert it to TGA, then BLP. (please see below..)

If you did a BLP/TGA conversion with wc3viewer.. don't try and use the one that you converted. If you still have the old version (before conversion) saved in JPEG format, convert it to a TARGA (TGA) file using photoshop, then download it to wc3 image extractor and use that to convert it to blp. I find that wc3viewer sometimes has problems with conversions.. and hardly ever works.

Any more questions? PM me.

Level 4
Ironic enough, I have a similar problem. I save the icon as a 32-bit tga then convert it to blp. It opens and displays fine in viewer but when I throw it into a map, it comes up as invisible. I've gone through a few methods and so far only two of the icons I have work. I suspect, somehow, an alpha layer is being added and displayed in the editor instead of the icon layer. Not sure how ti fix it yet but I'll keep toying with it, lemme know if any of you guys know how to fix this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.