• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My First Map Ever / Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
My first map ever.... and i have no clue what im doing :am:
i have a basic idea. two islands conected to each other a big arena type thing in the middle of the road, and what i want to happen is have a hero selection / 4 diffrent item shops / a health thingly where when your next to it your health and mana go up / a main building that if destroyed you lose / and a multi creep spawn system..... i want to be able to build a balanced defence around the main islands to where its not OP later on in the game and i also would like for the creeps to be sent from a alter on main islands. kinda like a dota/HLW mixer.i also want to add in a teleport system at lvl120 so they can go to a "Epic Item" shop. on a small island apart from the others.
i know this is alot but i wanna try it. any help would be useful.
P.S. I have already read alot of Tutorials none have helped me personaly... would be cool if there were some YouTube videos that could show me all this stuff, expecially the creep summon trigger and hero selection.

^_^ thank you to anyone who helps me.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hummm.... Do you even know how to use the trigger editor?

If you know, do you know how to use Variables?

Look, if you know the table of actions, conditions for the GUI, you certainly can get to almost everything. But we need logic to this, if you know the table, if you have the logic, you can get to all that the system achieves.
Try to read this:
Complete and Concise GUI Tutorial

You will begin working with the regions, then you need to know about possible leaks that will have your system and remove them to improve gameplay.
Try to read this:
The Importance of Efficiency in Codding
Basic Memory Leaks

After reading those that I recommended to you, and the Respawn System try these:
Creep Respawn GUI

TIP¹: When I started I thought it was always necessary to use the Trigger Editor to do things, but slowly I discovered the power of the Object Editor and honestly you can do many things in it, many even, you should try to learn everything you can about him.

TIP²:When I started I could not pay much attention in tutorials in the pages of the browser, so I decided to print the tutorials and begin to study them. This helped me a lot because I developed new skills and started to look at the exceptions and the possible things I could do when using logic.

TIP³:If so many people managed to learn and create amazing maps, so why would you not? What is lacking in some people's patience to work months at a map and remember there is always a way to do what you want!

TIP1-A:Try to use the World Editor Unlimited(another World Editor version) is better than the normal editor

If you have any question about World Editor send me a pvt:

About the videos just write in youtube and search!
:thumbs_up:

EDIT:

Another thing, when a user helps you don't forget to +rep him, cuz he helped you, Bye Bye! Cya :grin:

Level 4
TBH im not that good of a mapper either but heres some triggers if you want to use them go ahead aswell i sugget you use this tool: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85048

• Unit Picker
  • Create Wisp
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked player) controller) Equal to User
              • ((Picked player) slot status) Equal to Is playing
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for (Picked player) at ((Picked player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
thats for creating hero pickers

for this trigger you need a variable:
Variable name:pick_Taken
Type:Integer
Array: Yes Size=1
Inital Value=0 (default)
  • Choose Hero 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Hero 1 Region <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Wisp) and (Pick_Taken[1] Equal to 0)
    • Actions
      • Set Pick_Taken[1] = 1
      • Unit - Hide Demon Hunter 0001
      • Unit - Create 1 Demon Hunter for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of Start Region <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of Start Region <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
  • Choose Hero 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Hero 2 Region <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Wisp) and (Pick_Taken[2] Equal to 0)
    • Actions
      • Set Pick_Taken[2] = 1
      • Unit - Hide Sorceress 0002
      • Unit - Create 1 Sorceress for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of Start Region <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of Start Region <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
thats for giving the unit to the player, of course though you need to make your own regions for the units to go.

If you want, you can make the hero available again, by unhiding the unit and setting Pick_Taken[] to 0.

• Repick Hero
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 1 units from (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to ((Picked player) start location) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Choose A Hero for (Triggering player) at (Center of WispRegions[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) facing (Center of Start Region <gen>)
as for reviving heros, look at the map attachment (made by SD_Ryoko)
for the trigger, if you want to change how long it takes to revive simply change the line that sets the HEROWAIT variable.it is set to 5 seconds for each hero level. if you want to change the revival place Edit the revival line to put your own region instead of playable map area. If you're not good with custom scripts, create a new line in a seperate trigger, and convert it.
Then change the new code to use OURHERO.

if you need anything else tell me :p

EDIT:
Another thing, when a user helps you don't forget to +rep him, cuz he helped you, Bye Bye! Cya :grin:

Attachments

• Ryoko Heroes, Creeps, and Items 2.w3x
    229.2 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.