• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My Custom Campaign Tales of Asimel - Dark Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, i am fairly new to the hiveworkshop community, i have made few maps for my campaign and would like honest review. So i look forward for all the critque and advices and tips how can improve, thanks!

ps. third mission is playable but its not yet finished.

Attachments

• Tales of Asimel - Dark Warrior.w3n
    4.9 MB · Views: 15
Level 21
Overall playable, if quite basic.
I played the first mission and the following things stood out to me:
  • Soul Scream feels lame to use, it has no impact like projectiles or a custom effect
  • Both Renald and Adam seem to be naive and childlike characters, one wonders how they reached their high ranks
  • The final fight should be a bit more interesting. It's important to start and end with something impressive, so the player is drawn in for more.
  • So Adam just leaves Renald to defend the town on his own? Weird friendship that is.
Remove the wait, or place the turn off function before it, or the player can activate it multiple times, entering the region
(moving the turn off function higher does not interfere with any following actions)
  • Untitled Trigger 025
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 038 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Adam Blackwood (Evil) 0005 <gen> named Adam Blackwood: Play No sound and display WHAT THE HELL ARE Y.... Modify duration: Add 3.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Orc Warlock 0065 <gen> named Orc Warlock: Play No sound and display That human discover.... Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

I'd say you should work more on this first map, since this will be the entry point for any player.

Level 2
Overall playable, if quite basic.
I played the first mission and the following things stood out to me:
  • Soul Scream feels lame to use, it has no impact like projectiles or a custom effect
  • Both Renald and Adam seem to be naive and childlike characters, one wonders how they reached their high ranks
  • The final fight should be a bit more interesting. It's important to start and end with something impressive, so the player is drawn in for more.
  • So Adam just leaves Renald to defend the town on his own? Weird friendship that is.
Remove the wait, or place the turn off function before it, or the player can activate it multiple times, entering the region
(moving the turn off function higher does not interfere with any following actions)
  • Untitled Trigger 025
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 038 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Adam Blackwood (Evil) 0005 <gen> named Adam Blackwood: Play No sound and display WHAT THE HELL ARE Y.... Modify duration: Add 3.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Orc Warlock 0065 <gen> named Orc Warlock: Play No sound and display That human discover.... Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

I'd say you should work more on this first map, since this will be the entry point for any player.
Thanks for feedback, it was originally my brothers project back in 2018/2019. I posted here to see how to improve it and make better beacuse in recent months i got addicted to custom campaigns of wc3.

Yes, i will have to add some custom spells

As for characters i have no idea why he made them so goofy :)

How would you for example tried to improve final fight?

As for Adam leaving that captain its explained in cutscene after the first missions.

again thanks for replying!

Status
Not open for further replies.