• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

murlocwarrior1.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Well, you all told me to update it... So I figured I'd post this refined version. I think it's better. Cheers

Keywords:
murloc,huntsman,warrior,monster,creep
Contents

Steel-Skin Murloc (Texture)

Reviews
19:12, 15th Jul 2008 Werewulf: What I see on this texture is alot of cnp and its far too blurry and messy, work more on it and then contact me. And by work more on it I mean make it vastly more appealing in quality and freehand. Werewulf: No update.

M

19:12, 15th Jul 2008
Werewulf: What I see on this texture is alot of cnp and its far too blurry and messy, work more on it and then contact me. And by work more on it I mean make it vastly more appealing in quality and freehand.

Werewulf: No update.

Level 7
It looks exactly the same.
What is up with your negativity, seriously... I added markings on the face, to bring out some color, I enhanced the shield, I made the sword wooden, I put some detail on the spikes on the back to make the shadows contrast well, and I went over a lot of different areas on the skin, to increase the detail. So don't make it seem like I didn't do anything. You could actually be a bit uplifting, I mean don't you notice how much more detail there is in this than my other skins? I'd like to meet you as a noob.

It's very little changes, and steel dosen't have bullet holes.

I'm not the one to say your a noob or anything. I'm just saying that I don't like your skins and am trying to give decent critique. I gave you critique before and none of it was taken. All i see is more bullet holes and markings on his face.

You are a great skinner and all and I was simply trying to say if you are going to change the skin you can just update your old one. Only if you critically change it should you upload a second skin.

Level 7
It's very little changes, and steel dosen't have bullet holes.

I'm not the one to say your a noob or anything. I'm just saying that I don't like your skins and am trying to give decent critique. I gave you critique before and none of it was taken. All i see is more bullet holes and markings on his face.

You are a great skinner and all and I was simply trying to say if you are going to change the skin you can just update your old one. Only if you critically change it should you upload a second skin.

Well don't take everything so literally and base that for your rating. It doesn't have to be steel if you don't want it to be. I put the black dots to make it seem like scales... I'm sure if I left it blank then It'd look like "steel", but I just wanted that extra something. I didn't go off changing everything because I figured everything looked pretty good, I just wanted to change the areas that were in dire need of changing, such as the shield. So this is an update, not some sort of new skin. I didn't go off changing it critically because there was really nothing to change, except the shield.

Level 7
Honestly, it looks horrible, I don't even know where to start criticizing it. And end result (in game) looks really bad.

I dissagree fully, there's nothing that is truly wrong with this skin... I think in game it looks fantastic. If you expect me to throw out a leonardo davinci skin, you're foolish... and recognize the fact that I'm new, and this is pretty good for my experience.

Level 7
I disagree fully, you can't be objective when criticizing your own work. Also, why are you posting your (probably) first skin? No artists ever did that, they keep practicing until they are good enough to fit the standard. The skin is also blurry as hell.

I'm allowed to speak my mind and don't tell me otherwise. I do agree that this skin didn't meet the standards, but it was adequete. However, that doesn't call for you to be so dramatic in your comments, you and I both know that it's not some kind of diasaster, but you make it to be. For that, I take offense. "Also, why are you posting your (probably) first skin? No artists ever did that" What are you talking about? I post them for the excitement, and the hopes that they'll get accepted. I've posted some great skins, so don't make it seem like I can't post because I'm new. I'm getting better anyways, I'll be one of top skinners here shortly :wink:, have a nice day :grin:

Level 7
What he means is that you practice and practice until you think you have the skills to make something easily acceptable. Obviously you are just submitting whatever you make, whether it's good or bad. Most artists do skins, in which they do not show to the public, for shere practice.

I guess I get overjoyed and excited, that's what makes me want to post the skins! I love seeing the comments, ratings, and all the feedback, that's the best part. As far as good or bad, every single skin I've submitted so far met the best of my ability at the time. However, I do understand what you mean about me posting all these skins, perhaps I'll just focus on one for a while, and make sure it's flawless. :wink:

I guess I get overjoyed and excited, that's what makes me want to post the skins! I love seeing the comments, ratings, and all the feedback, that's the best part. As far as good or bad, every single skin I've submitted so far met the best of my ability at the time. However, I do understand what you mean about me posting all these skins, perhaps I'll just focus on one for a while, and make sure it's flawless. :wink:

Good decision, this is exactly what I did when it comes to models. Basically, upload only stuff you think people would like, and after a lot of practice, you will get some good respect.

Level 7
Avsky, believe it or not this skin is horrible. What's this? a murloc that has bullet holes?

Avsky... you just grayscaled and add eye markings.

And serously, right decision... you SHOULD accept criticism.

Pls. work with your attitude.. DX

Who are you to instigate when a situation is already resolved? Very childish...I wasn't planning to add a whole new skin, I just wanted to touch upon the problems people asked for me to resolve, such as the shield, face, weapon, spikes, and shading problems. By the way, you should work on your ignorant attitude, because your're quoting something that I already established! I said the "bullet-holes" were supposed to resemble scales. This skin is vastly different, and had a lot of sweat intertwined within it, so don't think I put no effort into it like that of your replica of my skin, get creative.

Last edited: