• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Muradin's Dwarf Expedition team color in Northrend

What is the most suitable

• Orange

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Light Blue

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • White

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other (specify with a post)

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! While working on the Northrend mission, I started asking myself which one should be Muradin's Dwarf Expedition team color. Keep in mind that whatever color I use for them I cannot use for undeads, and this is especially important if we are to choose the orange color.

Anyway, let me know and please, if possible, give a reason for your answer.

PS: I've shared this question also on YouTube. I will use both pools to decide, so make sure to make your voice heard!

Level 5
I'd say either orange or green, due to the Bronzebeard Clan banner (orange) or the dwarven racial sigil (green).

Dorf.png
Bronzan.png

Level 4
I choose Light Blue
However, if mixing colors is an option, thought of Light Blue for civilian structures & peasants and Orange or Red for military structures & troops would look close to the Bronzebeard Clan Banner* (but I like these as the default Undead colors).
Seeing that Light Green on the Dwarven Racial Sigil* could also work for the military side of the Expedition if a mix is chosen (also it doesn't conflict with Undead Green, but it might be confusing if both are in play).
** are based on Ethenil's post of the banner & sigil as per WoW lore.

Last edited:
I would choose Light Blue.
It's the Explorer's League most recurring color in both the flag and the tabard, and in the map of Ironforge the zone of their HQ (the Hall of Explorers) is colored in a lightblueish-cyan tone in WoW.
1652130149460.png
1652130163329.png
1652130347888.png

And besides this, I also think this color fits really well as both an ally of a blue-team player and with the Northrend environment.
Orange color contrasts too much with both the blue player and the Northrend setting, furthermore until the previous mission it was one of the colors dedicated to the undead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.