• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Multiboard Chatbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Can anyone make a system, that when i type something, it will be shown in a multiboard called "Chatroom" ?. Then if another write something like 4 times the first will get overwrited. I tried myself and it just not working.

+rep to any who helps
Thanks!
________
BONNYRED LIVE

Last edited:
Level 14
Well I gonna try just give some little time ;).

Edit: Ok I did it. Here are the triggers:

• Init ChatBox
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 10 rows, titled Chatbox
      • Set Chatbox_Multiboard = (Last created multiboard)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loops - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for Chatbox_Multiboard item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for Chatbox_Multiboard item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the width for Chatbox_Multiboard item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 5.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for Chatbox_Multiboard item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Chatbox_Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to Name
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Chatbox_Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to Chat
      • Multiboard - Show Chatbox_Multiboard
  • SomeOne Write
    • Events
      • Player - <Your Player or Players> types a chat message containing <Empty String> as A Part-String
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 2 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loops - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the text for Chatbox_Multiboard item in column 1, row (Integer A) to <Emtpy String>
          • Multiboard - Set the text for Chatbox_Multiboard item in column 2, row (Integer A) to <Empty String>
      • Set Chatbox_TempLine = 1
      • Custom script: set bj_forLoopAIndex=4
      • Custom script: set bj_forLoopAIndexEnd = 0
      • Custom script: loop
      • Custom script: exitwhen bj_forLoopAIndex<bj_forLoopAIndexEnd
      • Set Chatbox_Name[(Integer A)] = Chatbox_Name[((Integer A) - 1)]
      • Set Chatbox_Texts[(Integer A)] = Chatbox_Texts[((Integer A) - 1)]
      • Custom script: set bj_forLoopAIndex = bj_forLoopAIndex - 1
      • Custom script: endloop
      • Set Chatbox_Name[1] = (Name of (Triggering player))
      • Set Chatbox_Texts[1] = (Entered chat string)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Loops - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the text for Chatbox_Multiboard item in column 1, row (Chatbox_TempLine + 1) to Chatbox_Name[(Integer A)]
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • 'IF'-Conditions
              • (Length of Chatbox_Texts[(Integer A)]) Bigger As 14
            • 'THEN'-Actions
              • Set Chatbox_TempText = Chatbox_Texts[(Integer A)]
              • Set Chatbox_TempLine = (Chatbox_TempLine + 1)
              • Multiboard - Set the text for Chatbox_Multiboard item in column 2, row Chatbox_TempLine to (Substring(Chatbox_TempText, 1, 14))
              • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
                • Loops - Actions
                  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    • 'IF'-Conditions
                      • (Length of Chatbox_TempText) Bigger As 14
                    • 'THEN'-Actions
                      • Set Chatbox_TempText = (Substring(Chatbox_TempText, (15 x (Integer B)), (Length of Chatbox_TempText)))
                      • Multiboard - Set the text for Chatbox_Multiboard item in column 2, row Chatbox_TempLine to (Substring(Chatbox_TempText, 1, 14))
                    • 'ELSE'-Actions
            • 'ELSE'-Actions
              • Multiboard - Set the text for Chatbox_Multiboard item in column 2, row Chatbox_TempLine to Chatbox_Texts[(Integer A)]
Variables you need:
- Multiboard of type multiboard
- Texts,Name array of type string
- TempText of type string
- TempLine of type integer

The first trigger create the multiboard and the second update your board if a player chat. This is just an example it can be done much more advanced.

Last edited:
Level 8
Set Chatbox_Name[(Integer A)] = Chatbox_Name[((Integer A) - 1)]
I can find the INTEGER A part.. i named the varible Texst and type string.. just cant find the varible trigger u set there
Set Chatbox_Name[(Integer A)] = Chatbox_Name[((Integer A) - 1)]
EDIT:
Damned man!!
sry for double posting!!
________
Live sex webshows

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.