• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mpq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I downloaded a mod that replaced my war3.mpq ,War3Patch.mpq ,war3X.mpq and my war3xlocal.mpq. Now I can't open some maps. Could you give me copys of yours? English please

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Now I can't open some maps.
This is why you should never modify those standard MPQs.

Could you give me copys of yours?
If I recall the CDKEY information is embedded inside the MPQs so if anyone were to send you a copy of theirs you would be stealing their CDKEY.

The easiest way to fix the problem is to register your CDKEY on BattleNet 2.0 and then download the game from BattleNet 2.0. You can then reinstall the game and all the MPQs will be fixed (as they will be freshly installed from the download). Last you need to patch it and you are good to go. The data required would only be 100MB or so more than if someone was to spend days somehow uploading their MPQs for you to download.

In theory you do not even need to own the game to download it from BattleNet since the downloader should not require you logging in. However you probably need a CDKEY to install from it and you certainly will need a unique CDKEY to play BattleNet.

I am not sure if this is a subtle scam attempt or just you were not aware that you could re-download the game at any time from Blizzard.

Level 21
This is why you should never modify those standard MPQs.

If I recall the CDKEY information is embedded inside the MPQs so if anyone were to send you a copy of theirs you would be stealing their CDKEY.

The easiest way to fix the problem is to register your CDKEY on BattleNet 2.0 and then download the game from BattleNet 2.0. You can then reinstall the game and all the MPQs will be fixed (as they will be freshly installed from the download). Last you need to patch it and you are good to go. The data required would only be 100MB or so more than if someone was to spend days somehow uploading their MPQs for you to download.

In theory you do not even need to own the game to download it from BattleNet since the downloader should not require you logging in. However you probably need a CDKEY to install from it and you certainly will need a unique CDKEY to play BattleNet.

I am not sure if this is a subtle scam attempt or just you were not aware that you could re-download the game at any time from Blizzard.
I wasn't aware of that,I don't spam

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I don't spam
I never accused you of spamming? I was warning that people should not do that as it could result in theft of property.

Surely you could reinstall from your original CDs and patch again? I mean you did not obtain WC3 through direct download from BattleNet by you making this request. Or is it that you have transitioned to a computer that no longer has an optical drive?

Level 21
I never accused you of spamming? I was warning that people should not do that as it could result in theft of property.

Surely you could reinstall from your original CDs and patch again? I mean you did not obtain WC3 through direct download from BattleNet by you making this request. Or is it that you have transitioned to a computer that no longer has an optical drive?
I still have RoC's cd but I can't find my TFT cd

Status
Not open for further replies.