• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moving between patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
is there a way to go from and into different patches? aka go to 1.31 then back to 1.29 and so on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Yeah, sort of. You can just copy your 1.29 installation to a new folder, then update the old folder to 1.31. Run whichever one you want when you need it after that.
So basically copy my WARC3 file away on another hard drive. and on the previous hard drive i just update the game there? it won't affect the other one?

Level 5
So basically copy my WARC3 file away on another hard drive. and on the previous hard drive i just update the game there? it won't affect the other one?
You can have them on the same hard drive; they just need to be in different folders, and the one you don't want to be overwritten should not be called "Warcraft III". For example my old installation is stored in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III 129" while my new one is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III".

Level 4
You can have them on the same hard drive; they just need to be in different folders, and the one you don't want to be overwritten should not be called "Warcraft III". For example my old installation is stored in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III 129" while my new one is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III".
i updated the game and yes as you said everything was okay. but when i tried loading the game it gave me an empty error? just the red hexagon with the ! mark on it

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
is there a way to go from and into different patches? aka go to 1.31 then back to 1.29 and so on?
Not really because older versions are no longer supported. They might contain security vulnerabilities as well as compatibility problems.
i updated the game and yes as you said everything was okay. but when i tried loading the game it gave me an empty error? just the red hexagon with the ! mark on it
If this is 1.31.1 throwing the error please post your system specifications, such as DXDiag listing. Older hardware might have issues running modern Warcraft III, if such hardware is somehow still running at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.