• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Mouse Move Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi there, new to the forum and everything here.

I came upon something that i really did not understand when creating my trigger in the world editor and using the "player issues mouse move event".

At the first time i run the game everything works fine, but when i restart the game in any way without completely closing the game, i will have a "bug" ("bug" cuz its prob just me not considering stuff)
It does no longer give the same output as first time.

What i do is this

Event
player issues mouse move event​
Action
Set Difference(real) = (Y Pos of unit) - (Trigger Mouse Pos)
Move unit instantly to (Trigger Mouse Pos)​

And first time it rightfully calculates the y that it has moved since last. next time it gives always 0 or -0

(warning conspiracy theory ahead.. - it feels as if it gets another "player issues mouse event" on the existing trigger out of no where, that is my best guess so yea i am clueless so plox help :) )

Level 1
ah you can see it for you self here. download game, see numbers, restart and be confused :3 or don't be and give me reasons

Edit:
yea tested it and it simply adds one more of the same mouse move trigger for each time the mouse move trigger has been applied in a game. and it dosen't clean it self up b4 game is restarted ill just use if distance between unit and mouse click greather than x. to check the distance moved here in my example i gues.

Anyway im new here how do i press solved or delete post

Attachments

• Wc3BugTest.w3x
    17.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.