• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

More than 5 spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im in the process of making a massive multi-race ability-oriented map. I have about 20 spells per character.

My original idea was to be able to have 4 spell sets (5 spells each). How it would work: you would press left/right and it would unlearn the previous set and learn the next set. Problem is, I realized you cannot remove learned spells from a hero via a normal trigger.

Is there some trigger (normal or JASS code) that would allow me to unlearna spell to make room for other spell(s)?

If not, do you have any other ideas to incorporate more than 5 spells (other than text-based casting)?

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.
Also note that JASS is chinese to me but id be willing to use it.

Thanks

Level 2
Before I continue the reply also note that while I am certainly not new to map-making, this is my first day with TFT.

Would I somehow be able to put different abilities into the spellbook for each character? If this answer is yes, could you briefly explain how to add ablilities for each character to the spell book?

Thanks

Level 2
I just realized that, as you said, hero levels inside the spell book do not work.

And this may sound brutally stupid, but I forgot the condition for hero lvls.

ie

event: hero casts spell
condition (the one i nd to know): bla, bla, hero lvl greater than or equal to 2
action: spell effect

EDIT: I jsut discovered another problem. In-game, the three spells I have in the spell book have the same name :S and the same effect, when they are all different in the editor. Also, I added 1 outside of the book and it did not appear in-game (note that they are item-class skills so that they can be placed in the spell book).

Any help is greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.