• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monk / Priest - Church of the Holy Light

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
"Deo Gratias"

These pious monks and priests of the Church of the Holy Light, can be found in many communities providing guidance and healing for the war torn lands of the human Kingdoms.
Contents

Human Monk Brown (Model)

Human Monk Brown - Icon (Icon)

Human Monk Gray (Model)

Human Monk Gray - Icon (Icon)

Reviews
Ardenaso
without a doubt, this model is HIGH QUALITY
Well, that emblem is of the Scarlet Crusade though...
Not quite right, it is Church of the Holy Light "cross".
Scarlet crusade still has some Lordaeron and Church symbols, but their main one is the red flame on white background:

1664704273818.png
1664704325264.png

Level 16
Really nice job on the monk & priest, Light Bless you :pal:
They changed it in WoW then. It was a regular cross or something in Warcraft: Orcs & Humans and Warcraft II.
Also in WC1 the church had a cross.
I think after WC2 they wanted to move even further away from Christianity than they had from WC1, and dropped the real-life religious symbology.

Level 12
Nice ones.

I would pull the hood on the brown one a bit lower into the head, because from the front you can almost see the top of his head inside. Reminds me of some of the SWTOR hoods.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
The model works almost perfectly, with even new animations that I haven't seen on the premade units. However, there is noticeable clipping on the legs and to the robe on the death animation, and there is no death sound;

AWAITING UPDATE until the issues are resolved.

I would also recommend cinematic animations, if possible; and add a holy popcorn on spell channel

The model works almost perfectly, with even new animations that I haven't seen on the premade units. However, there is noticeable clipping on the legs and to the robe on the death animation, and there is no death sound;

AWAITING UPDATE until the issues are resolved.

I would also recommend cinematic animations, if possible; and add a holy popcorn on spell channel
Added draenei death sound (because sounds like an old man), added human blood splatters and fixed legs clipping.
Won't add holy effect however, find it hard to make it look good on his particular animations.

Level 18
Nice. Would have loved a teamcoloured variant (unless there is something I'm missing since there is teamcolor in the preview on Hive?).