• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Models] Great eagle from LOTR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey there!

For my current project I would need two complementary models to make a custom spell. The base spell is the infernal summoning which fall from the sky (I don't know the name in English, maybe "Inferno") but instead of using infernals I would like to use great eagles. In that way, I need a birth model of an eagle falling from the sky to the ground, and a regular model of an eagle (if possible with a realistic attack animation, not a simple wing flapping).

I know that my request is rather complex, but I really need those models because the modeller of my project gave up working with me...

I add a picture from google for those who wouldn't see what I'm talking about : http://kaiju.wdfiles.com/local--files/wiki:eagle/great_eagle_2003_01.jpg

Thanks in advance, +rep for helpers!

Level 9
I tried to make two different models with your eagle :
- one with only one animation (Morph) renamed into Birth to take the role of InfernalBirth.mdx
- one with all the animations and with the Morph alternate animation renamed into Birth to take the role of Infernal.mdx
... and it doesn't work at all when I cast the spell ^^"

I don't think your model is the problem, I rather think that the spell isn't compatible with your Morph animations.

So I'm still at the same point...

Status
Not open for further replies.