• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models are white?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I dont know why. Do you know why? some of the models in my world editor have white areas. like, u can see parts of the model and the outline but some parts are just white. but when i play they work. no problem just annoying. however, some of my imported models are white as well. but imported models stay white in game. thats a problem....anyone know why?

Level 5
lol.... it happened to me once, it happens when u IMPORT the model wrong, you must use the custom path for the model, and then it shud work!

Level 6
no no. if u import a model wrong it becomes checkered square. also, if u import a model wrong the entire model doesnt work. only parts of the models are white. finaly, even if i did import most of my models wrong that still doesnt explain why blizzard made models (ones already in the editor) are white as well.

Level 5
Do you mean trees, becuase i have that problem too, i assume it has something to do with the fact that some destructibles have more than one model file and requires both to work, i dont know a way around it if you are refering to trees

Level 6
no not trees either. regular models. here are some that dont work:
-firelord missile
-lava spawn missile
-spirit of vengence (the little glowing thing in its hand)
-phoenix missile
-serpant ward missile
-sky fury tower missile
-spirit of vengence missile
-beserk effect
-breath of fire effect
-burning oil missile

there are many more but you get the idea. also, as i said before, all these models show properly in game but some imported models dont-that is my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.